Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold off my other two bikes (916's), and am planning on getting a Hyper. Am very excited. I found one, a standard model (2008) that I am looking at. It is the standard model and has the Zard "Top Gun" full carbon exhaust system with the Ducati Performance CAM ECU. The cams are stock but he is including the performance cams, they are just not installed.

I plan on installing the new cams probably when I do the first valve adjustment. Is a power commander needed now since the cams are not installed? Is a power commander needed when the cams are installed?

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you're running the DP 'cam kit' ECU you're probably running pretty rich - And you'll probably still be after installing the cams.

I have a similar setup - LV exhaust, camshafts, airbox mods, but with some mild port work. Even with all these airflow improvements the DP ECU was way rich throughout the speed/load map. I'm now using a PCIII on top of the DP ECU to adjust A/F, and it runs pretty good, both on the track and off.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
I just sold off my other two bikes (916's), and am planning on getting a Hyper. Am very excited. I found one, a standard model (2008) that I am looking at. It is the standard model and has the Zard "Top Gun" full carbon exhaust system with the Ducati Performance CAM ECU. The cams are stock but he is including the performance cams, they are just not installed.

I plan on installing the new cams probably when I do the first valve adjustment. Is a power commander needed now since the cams are not installed? Is a power commander needed when the cams are installed?

thanks
Mike
Mike, you can get by with the cam ECU if you have an opened airbox lid and make some fuel trim adjustments. It won't be ideal but it will run OK.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you run the DP lid or cut a hole in your stocker and add a filter you will be close with that DP cam ECU. Maybe a little rich, but it won't hurt anyway, probably run just a tad soft.

I am running the DP ECU that came with the 2-1 Termi kit. However, I am running a Zard full system and air box lid mod and DNA filter. When I had it on the dyno it was a little lean. I then added the PCIII to fine tune it and it is now a little rich. The Zard header and can without the dB killers is a little larger diameter (header is 5mm+) than some kits and was probably the cause of the lean condition.

Out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts