Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just bought a 2009 HyperMotard 1100S with 1500 miles on it. The bike has been doing a lot of sitting around and I am wondering what maintenance should be completed regardless of the low mileage. I took care of general maintenance tasks that are apparent to me from my previous motorcycle experience, but am unfamiliar with any Ducati-specific oddities. So far I have changed the oil/filter (forgot to check screen), replaced spark plugs and replaced clutch and brake fluid. I recently read about replacing the cam belt every two years, should I be doing this now? Other than adjusting chain tension, what else should I look for??
Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey, YerNotGood, and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you took care of the general stuff but the belts should be changed every 2 years. Some riders have gone longer than that but how lucky do you feel? If the belt snaps it can destroy the motor, no kidding. Do it as soon as you can, California Cycleworks belts are great and a little cheaper than OEM.

The only other thing that comes to mind are the tires. If they are original, no matter the mileage, they are 7+ years old and are harder than wood at this point.

Anyway, enjoy a your new toy. I've had an '08 since new and have found it to be a reliable and enjoyable bike. Also check out the Official Thread: 1st Gen Air Cooled HM Chat.-tons of good info on the real Hypers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd say just do the belts and you are good to go! Did you receive the original owners manual with the bike? The maintenance schedule is in there. If you need tires I am loving my q3's. Dunlop is offering a rebate now too! Go ride her and enjoy!

ps i believe your oem clutch cover expired, and should be replaced with an open one at once!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts