Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have just bought a DUCATI 916S (Production Year: 1998) and I can´t find main difference between this model and previous models . I only know that stickers were changed (fuel tank stickers removed and Ducati 916 Desmoquattro stickers in upper fairings replaced by DUCATI), but I d´ont know wich other differences have.......

Can you help me giving me information about this model ???

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hi guys,

I have just bought a DUCATI 916S (Production Year: 1998) and I can´t find main difference between this model and previous models . I only know that stickers were changed (fuel tank stickers removed and Ducati 916 Desmoquattro stickers in upper fairings replaced by DUCATI), but I d´ont know wich other differences have.......

Can you help me giving me information about this model ???
This will help you to identify that you have the right production year . Ducati VIN Information

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all......

The byke is an European model so it only has only 13 digits (ZDM916S012215). Does it helps you????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Complet frame number reading in the frame is:
ZDM916S*012215*
DGM536190M
And the engine number is:
ZDM916W4*012692*

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Older models may have been upgraded by now but '98 models had braided brake & clutch lines where the earlier had rubber lines. Wiring is slightly different (due to the new regulator) and 'charge' light is no longer connected to anything.

According to the owners manual (at least mine) they have the later 520w alternator - but in reality they don't and still use the 350w. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts