1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
pretty nice!!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I've got one of those Dymag carbon fiber swingarms on my 916SPS, I put it on about 10 years ago. I have ridden the bike almost exclusively on the track and race it in AFM.

Here are some photos of it on the bike in the original c/f and the when I was rebuilding the engine I had it painted to protect it from UV rays as the can degrade c/f over time.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
I've got one of those Dymag carbon fiber swingarms on my 916SPS, I put it on about 10 years ago. I have ridden the bike almost exclusively on the track and race it in AFM.

Here are some photos of it on the bike in the original c/f and the when I was rebuilding the engine I had it painted to protect it from UV rays as the can degrade c/f over time.
bmitch,

That 916 looks like you put some major work towards lightening it, not to mention making it look good in the process. Do you know what you actual bike weight is? Very impressive set-up I must say!

·
Registered
334 Posts
What is the weight savings of that C.F. Swingarm?????

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The German guy listing the ad says it weighs 3400 grams. I have no idea what my magnesium one weighs or the OEM swingarm.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I personaly dont think its a good idea to put a used 6-10 year old carbonfibre swingarm to any driven bike. Its a early piece of carbon fibre engeneering and nobody knows what the time had done with the material.

Today and with all the improvements in materials and technologies, the Corse Team for example, changes the carbonfibre swingarm every two raceweekends.

Chris

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
bmitch,

That 916 looks like you put some major work towards lightening it, not to mention making it look good in the process. Do you know what you actual bike weight is? Very impressive set-up I must say!
The lowest weight Igot it down to was 384 lbs. without fuel, on Intercomp scales. That was with one of those really small dirtbike batteries. I've since gone back to a newer 999 size battery, so it's probably about 389 lbs. now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts