Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to replace the spark plug wires on my VF750, so I got to thinking I should do it on the Duc as well. 15 years with the original wires is stretching it (and they are original, complete with the Cagiva elephant on the caps), considering just about every vehicle I've owned had clapped out wires by the time they hit 20.

I ordered a set of Magnecor 7mm wires off the Bay for 50$ plus exorbitant shipping to Canada ... In the end it cost me about 80$. Still better than a set of OEM replacements, and not a lot more than a do-it-yourself kit that would not include a nice set of proper-fitting plug boots. I could have gone for the 8 or 8.5mm but I'm the sort of person who doesn't buy into the whole "race spec for the street". Odds are the difference is negligible in street riding. Plus the 7mm are black, the 8 are blue (yuck!) and the 8.5 are red (cliche). They are suppressed wires so you don't have to worry about EMI interference.

They are assembled in precise lengths with direct slot-in boots so no fiddling is required. Yank out the old, put in the new. The plug boots are nicely made, with a solid watertight seal inside the head. Much better than stock in that regard.

Installed them last night along with a new set of spark plugs. The difference is noticeable - starts and idles a wee bit better, and most importantly the throttle response is better. It feels stronger in the midrange as a result. Not night and day, but definitely worth 80$. I could probably open up the plug gap a bit and take advantage of the more efficient spark.

I give it my thumbs up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Snag a set of starting circuit wires from motolectric.com and the bike will start on the first click.

I really was amazed by how fast it started the first time..
Got tired of LUG LUG LUUUUGG Vroom......
Now it's just click vroom...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts