Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200s Touring
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has installed the carbon tail section from Magical Racing?
It eliminates the grab handle and the stock tail light assy and moves the light to below the exhaust system. The web site doesn't have any details regarding the modifications required for the tail light replacement or relocation so if any one out there has any input please let me know.

Thanks!

Brad.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
We've delivered a couple to cusotmers that have used them on their track bikes (so no tail light). To use this on the street you'll have to change around the tail light setup. It is easy enough to use an led strip above the license plate - we've done that on several custom monster and SportClassic tail setups.

I have this Magical Racing tail in stock right now. It is a work of art!

http://www.desmoworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=20&products_id=366

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It certainly looks nice on the bike. Still not sure if I want the clean look or utility that would come with a DP luggage rack. The swingarm cover is a must have!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's the next mod on my list (with the addition of the mad doctor taillight/blinker/license holder). Looks suweet imo. I just wonder how well it matches the stock carbon as well as the Termi under tails' carbon. I'd also like to see more angles of it on the bike before I make the purchase, as the one angle really doesn't give a good image of how it makes the rear look. :abduct:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The carbon won't match the original at all as the original is plain weave and Magical Racing is twill. Also the quality of the Magical Racing carbon is so far above the original carbon... if the weave was the same there would still be a big difference because of the finish level.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The carbon won't match the original at all as the original is plain weave and Magical Racing is twill. Also the quality of the Magical Racing carbon is so far above the original carbon... if the weave was the same there would still be a big difference because of the finish level.
Ok, that's good to know. At least there isn't any other stock carbon in the rear of the bike for it to clash with. It might present an issue with the belt covers, but I might replace those at some point anyways. As far as matching the Termis, do you have any info on that? Are Termis considered twill? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with the different types of carbon. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geez I'm glad I started this thread, it gets funnier and more informative by the moment!

On a more serious note, I too would like to see pictures of the entire bike with this tail installed to see how it looks as a whole. The twill weave (not wove) looks awesome in my opinion and the fact that all the carbon may not match won't detract from the shock and awe factor of the entire bike. If they were side by side it may look odd though. JMHO.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pictures!
It really changes the appearance of the bike and streamlines the tail end. I think I'm going to stick to the OEM carbon with a DP carrier for the functionality of it. The cost is comparable and perhaps I will look at this option later on. The swingarm cover is something I don't think I can do without however. Watch for an order soon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts