Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted some shrouds for track days and just to see if I could come up with something different to make my hyper look a bit more supermoto... So this is what I came up with....Almost done just need the Ducati sticker which will go on the tank in the same location as on the original shrouds. Just need to finish the painting so the shrouds look a little more glossy. I also raised the front fender so I didn't have such a stink bug stance, I wanted it to look more supermoto and not so small under me since I'm 6 foot.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shrouds are the plastic shrouds available for 2005-2008 CR450f from Acerbis... about $45... I just cut the bottom part of at an angle I felt matched the bike then cut some other stuff to make them flow a bit better... the black part is obviously the exposed fuel tank, but with some "plastic renew" it glosses right up, but I'll leave the detailing until later... should look cool with the white Ducati decal. Or I could use a MX graphic kit but that might get to busy and wierd looking...

The tail I did with the stock carbon fiber valances then made a fiberglass shell to connect them... I did a thread on the project called "Can I make a Hyper Challenge tail"

The nose I raised by taking off the beak and from there you can see you need raise the existing bracket (that has the disc hoses) and then put spacers on the upper triple clamp to go under the speedometer assembly thing...the bottom of the beak also angles out on the bottom to give less of angle down toward the tire which I alway found to be too dramatic... then you have to fabricate some brackets to raise the existing bracket.... I originally had less than 5 inches from the tip of the beak to the tire, now I have just over 8 inches.

I achieved my basic objective... now it just details and finishing touches.

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
Hmmm.....nice....

...can you make a belly pan? I found a red one in Europe that looks OK, but there is no US distributor, so the shipping is ridiculous.
The magic price point would be about $250. That is what an engine bottom plastic shroud costs for a street triple. How about one for the Hyper?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats pretty cool i always thought about trying some crf 450 fairings jus never got a chance to do it ..i mostly just starred at both of them since they are next to each other in the garage.i like what you did to the fender makes it look not so dramatic!that has always been a sore for me as well.good job

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks good, nicely done.
whats the sticker on top of your tail section say?

Also, Slightly off topic- I noticed .MS member C2D has his fiberglass tails on ebay with bidding starting pretty low

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Very cool Scott!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts