Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those interested...the Mid Atlantic Ducati Club is planning for there monthly club ride on March 12th (weather permitting)...the meeting place as usual as of this point is the Germantown Starbucks @9:30 to roll out at 10:00 as shown on the link of the front page of their website here... http://www.mad-ducati.com/ and you can also view the Club Maryland route which is more than likely what we will be doing!.....be great to meet some Duc.MS'ers there...I think I can get away from the priorities of life to be there myself!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm gonna try and get out there, its gonna be a crazy weekend. battley says my bike can be done its 6k service by friday, I have to go to safety day at the dropzone on saturday (cant pass up free refresher training for skydiving :p ) Anyone else planning on going out? as of now the weather is lookin good, course its only monday.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apagios said:
I'm gonna try and get out there, its gonna be a crazy weekend. battley says my bike can be done its 6k service by friday, I have to go to safety day at the dropzone on saturday (cant pass up free refresher training for skydiving :p ) Anyone else planning on going out? as of now the weather is lookin good, course its only monday.
Nice meetin ya man....decent ride considering the weather and shaking the bugs out....sorry if I was out of sorts...was just chillin because I was still workin the bugs out with my back and all!....what all was I supposed to be sending you links for again?

·
Registered
426 Posts
ya know I forget, I googled CAD cycles and will call them when they open to check out tire install prices like you suggested, cornerspeed said the jacket is ok, so im gonna be sewing the zipper for the pants on it this week. SWmoto was the cheapest I could find on tires so I ordered a set of powers today for 231 shipped.

Definitely good to meet ya, thanks for the cool down tour round silver spring area. Glad your backs getting better. I think im definitely hooked on the club rides, was a blast, do you happen to know whats up with the april ride? if its the second sunday itll be the day we are leaving for VIR, may have to miss it as I assume the bike will be loaded up sat and I'll be on the road

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the club rides are usually the 2nd Sunday of every month....but on the mail list people often get together for little jaunts here and there...usually just takes a person or few to say "hey,I'm up for riding this day to go to here or there" and then people will usually chime in....as far as the April ride...I am betting with so many MAD-sters going to VIR that I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a club ride the week before or after or even that Saturday maybe?...who knows...after the meeting this weekend I'll bring it up on the mail list.... as far as the club route...yeah...it is kinda fun...the 2nd half was truncated because of the weather...there are some variations for going through Catoctin moreso and round abouts up yonder way.....but I am glad you enjoyed it and hopefully we can get together to show you my lil 370 practise jaunt...it is a good lil dynamic playground for certain exercises....and hey...feel free to ping me anytime if you're up for a ride...I do have certain days and times that I have pre-existing appointments as it were....but other than that!...and soon I am going to be getting my roomate out on her new to her nused BMW after she goes and gets the "M" put on her liscence this week being that she graduated MSF this past weekend while we were out riding....

·
Registered
426 Posts
sounds good, we'll definitely have to get out sometime soon. Let me know if you take your roomamte out riding and want some company.

I havent called to see what they have at either store, but i need a pair of gaunlet gloves for VIR, i found a cheap 50 buck pair of joe rockets at cycleworld in baltimore, but i was thinkin about checking out coleman this saturday to see if they got anything good on their sale. I've never been down there so figure it cant hurt to check it out. let me know if you have an interest.

Oh, on the 6k service at battley's, i talked to them yesterday and called back today, they said as a matter of practice they replace the belts every 6K since the engines open anyway. So since they never told me about this they refunded 130 bucks on my card so I ended up with free belts :D which is good, cause I wasnt exactly happy about not being called or told the belts would be swapped, I would have assumed if ducati reccomends every 12k and they change every 6k then thats something they should point out up front. PLus I bought the bike there last june so I've dropped descent amount of money at battleys just seems good business to not screw me over :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts