Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have googled and forum searched but have yet to find an answer for the following.

I picked up a '98 M900 on std carbs and with no modifications other then a set of high rise sil-moto slipons. The bike has 52,000km on the clock.

On the long long long list of jobs to do before she runs is a carb rebuild and rejet, in combination with a set of K&N RU-1750's and airbox delete (don't have to worry about rain in the middle east, just sand and dust). I got all the gen from http://ducatisuite.com/jetkit.html and will be getting the jet kit from FactoryPro.

Now to the question:
what size jets (main, pilot etc) do you recommend I run? I am not after massive HP or stump pulling torque just smooth and responsive riding.

Due to the time involved in getting stuff into the UAE (a day or 2 to get it out of the US but anything up to 3 weeks to get it into my greasy little hands) I don't want to get the kits here to find that I have totally the wrong size jets and have to get another set sent over.

Cheers and Beers and thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
36 Posts
And I have the same question! I have a 96 m900 and a k&n filter with Dan-Moto slip ons. It needs to be rejetted bad!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys you have get the stock all jets but main jets better get 150-155 and more.
I used 160,165 and 170 with aftermarket hiflow exhausts and oopen airbox with R&N airfilters on 900 engines,works good in big throttle and hi revs.
May be you will lift the needls for 1-2-3 marks hier than stock place,but it required not every time.
If you want to get the faster response and gain in low/mid range and little throttle--you have softer springs in vacuum chambers.
You can get the Dynojet jet kit on the e-bay for example... In box you get the jets,springs,needles and instruction for easy installations.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fantastic. Thanks for the info as i was really struggling to find something. I am changing to K&N pod filters with no air box and have Sil-Moto slip ons and not much else. Not after big power at WOT as most of my time will be spent commuting on it so smooth and snappy response with low to mid range power works for me.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts