Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents. It's now my take on replacing a plastic misthreaded fuel sensor nut with an aluminium one coz it leaks a bit. I took it out and haven't got a clue on how to take the nut out of the sensor stick lol. Instructions from many guys who sell AL nut has nothing stated on how to remove the old plastic nut out in the first place. From the picture (of someone else) it looks like there should be just only a plastic flange that hold the stick to the nut. Can I just bend the nut a bit and it will come off? Which way will it come off at the front or back?

Thanks guys. Your help would be really appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
I’m not understanding something. Are you talking about the big nut in the upper left of your pic ?

Reactions: Hamster749

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. This pic I borrowed from someone just to show how it will look like when it was dissembled. Mine was still in one piece, at least till yesterday morning. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate. I have managed to get it sorted. First I just guess the plastic nut will have to come out at the back so I pry it with the flat head screw driver. With relatively low power the nut's flange that hold the stick broke off(yeah I mean I broke it lol) and did come out at the back. My first thought was oops I did something wrong didn't I? as I couldn't see any other way. I then got my local machinist to get the aluminium nut done. Pity he said his AL bar was out of stock and would cost a lot more if I really to go for AL. I then had no choice but to get it made of steel. To my surprise, he pulled out a decent job (with my supervision) with even more decent price. After trying to understand how the system works, I put the green ring on the gas tank's fixing screw, slide the fuel sensor stick in put the steel nut on (luckily my end plug is small enough) and they worked like charm. No leaking whatsoever since then.

Now tackling the last (and probably the hardest) problem to my bike on the other episode :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts