Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello gentlemen.

I'm looking to buy a carbon front fender for my M796 (ABS), problem is, i don't know which one...

First of all, most parts are interchangeable between the new-gen monsters, correct ?

The cheapest one i found is this one from zero-limits

Now, over at carbonworld, there are 2 versions of the same front fender, one for the ABS vers.
and another one for the non-ABS one.

I have to ask, what's the difference between the ABS and non-ABS front fenders ? Why the difference in price ? Also, is the front fender from zero-limits (1st link) the same as the ABS or the non-ABS one from carbonworld ?

I'm asking since i'd like to avoid the price tag of 250 euros for the DP one...

Thank you :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just checked the parts list for the 2011 M796, drawing #42, part #6 (front mud guard) for both ABS and non-ABS versions. Part numbers are exactly the same...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked the parts list for the 2011 M796, drawing #42, part #6 (front mud guard) for both ABS and non-ABS versions. Part numbers are exactly the same...
The fenders are the same, yep. A 696 fender does not fit on the 1100, bolts on but rub's on the rotors by just a hair.

Also in stock in the USA:)
Made by MS-Production

Shift-Tech Carbon - ST378 FRONT FENDER MONSTER 1100

Thank you guys for the kind replies, appreciate it.

ElGallo, if the parts are the same, why then does carbonworld have 2 versions one for the ABS and another for the non ABS models ? Why the difference in price ? One thing i noticed is that for the ABS vers. front fender there's a disclaimer mentioning "similar to Ducati Performance product 969A03010B" - having checked the parts catalogue over at Ducati.it (com) , there's only 1 carbon front fender and its part number is indeed 969A03010B...

So, to cut a long story short, will i be OK with the one from zero-limit
which is for the 696 ? (not to mention the cheapest) or will i have to choose one from carbonworld - since apparently are the same ?

And oh, Shift tech, i'd love to make business with you fine peeps but since i'm from Europe...

Thank you guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello gentlemen.

I'm looking to buy a carbon front fender for my M796 (ABS), problem is, i don't know which one...

First of all, most parts are interchangeable between the new-gen monsters, correct ?

The cheapest one i found is this one from zero-limits

Now, over at carbonworld, there are 2 versions of the same front fender, one for the ABS vers.
and another one for the non-ABS one.

I have to ask, what's the difference between the ABS and non-ABS front fenders ? Why the difference in price ? Also, is the front fender from zero-limits (1st link) the same as the ABS or the non-ABS one from carbonworld ?

I'm asking since i'd like to avoid the price tag of 250 euros for the DP one...

Thank you :)
I was at the dealer a couple weeks ago and they were taking a fender of a new M796 ABS (scavenging parts for a customer...) and explained to me the ABS version has a clip for the ABS sensor that the standard fender does not have so they are not interchangeable...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Racer 997

So, there's that...
Well, seems that i'll have to go with the overpriced DP part in the end since the price difference between it and the carbonworld one for the ABS vers. isn't that big...
Still it's pretty weird since elgallo mentioned that both parts are the same...

The only thing that "worries" me now is the difference in carbon (both quality and finish), since, the other parts i'm going to grab (tank cover etc) aren't going to be DP ones (way, way overpriced).

Thanks for clearing that up Racer, much appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just checked part numbers:

2011 M696 non-ABS: 564.3.074.5A Front mudguard (Raw)
2011 M696 ABS: 564.3.074.5A Front mudguard (Raw)
2011 M796 non-ABS: 564.3.074.5A Front mudguard (Raw)
2011 M796 ABS: 564.3.074.5A Front mudguard (Raw)
2012 M696 ABS: 564.3.074.5A Front mudguard (Raw)
2012 M796 ABS: 564.3.074.5A Front mudguard (Raw)

I'm honestly surprised that two versions are offered for ABS and non-ABS models in carbon fiber. Personally, I have the ABS 696 (2011) and the "clip" mentioned is nothing more than a strip of metal which goes between the mudguard and the fork mount. Attached to the clip is the front speed sensor. There are two shims which attach on the opposite side to compensate for the lack of a speed sensor there, in other words, the mudguard is symmetric and manufactured in a manner which does not take into account the location of the speed sensor...

I'm going out on a limb here, but it is possible that this is merely an attempt to get more money out of an unsuspecting customer under the guise of "if it has ABS, it should cost more...".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts