Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good throttle upgrades for the older monsters? I'm going over my 750, one area at time, for track duty next season. The stock throttle travel is too long for track days and.....even on the street to pass or get up and go, its still too long for my taste. I've seen a ton of tubes and cams online and searching, but none apply to the older monsters. I saw the G2 tube, but that's a throttle tamer or stock throw. The quick tube doesn't work on the 750. I heard of the R1 tube, but again everything applies to newer monsters, 1098's/1198's/848's...etc

Or has anyone just ditched the stock throttle and just installed a throttle from a bike that has more options?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I looked at them yesterday quickly, but I missed the line for the cam for monster 900. Which should be the same. I think that's the only model on the list that shares the same carb setup as the 600/750/900. Ill shoot em a email to be sure.

If it works, ill hold off until the autumn ro winter when I yank the cabs out of the bike for a rebuild/cleaning/rejetting.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
I fitted a 916 throttle/twistgrip to mine. Had to modify the cables but I have split-single carbs that used a different cable setup anyway.

It is very quick action, in fact I found it too quick so fitted a throttle tamer tube to it and it's now perfect, about as quick as my 916 which has an aftermarket quick throttle cam on the TBs.

The other advantage (and one of the main reasons I used it) is that it has a fast idle setting which is useful for FCRs as they have no choke/fast idle and so need to be held open a little when cold or the bike will bog down.

I'm still looking for a suitable quick action throttle for my Guzzi as that has a long handful of twist, followed by another to get full throttle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts