Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow I haven't been on here in a long long time. But I'm finally back on a Ducati. I just picked up a 2000 M750 for a steal as a project/track bike.

But for now, I just want her on the street for the rest of the summer. The bike is is pretty good shape, but the previous owner touched the signals and lights a lot. Tail was neatened up with a fender elim , but is still using the original incandescent bulb and light. The plate light leads are unused.

Rear signals were incandescent still, but the left one was broken. Front are some cheap led signals. The signals never worked right and the flasher relay is an electronic type.

I bought a new set of cheap led signals for all 4 corners and nothing works. If I hit a signal, all 4 turn on and barely glow. If I cancel, all 4 turn off. If i swap back in the one working incandescent signal into the back wires, it half way works. It blinks, but the front stay on. I tired some 10 ohm resistors too, no dice.

Any ideas? I'm about to give up and just pickup 2 sets of of old school incandescent signals from cyclegear and "hopefully" it should work like normal again.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Unless you have a flasher circuit designed for them, you have to add ballast resisters and then you have the same current consumption. They aren't on enough for current consumption to matter anyway. The incandescent ones rarely wear out, cost close to nothing, and some of the el cheapo led ones are failing. IMO, turn signals are not worth the trouble.

If you insist, find an led compatible flasher. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...gid=kwd-2195954469&ref=pd_sl_8risvbue7v_b_p19

BTW, not implying the previous owner didn't hose the wiring up in some way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, after doing a bit more research last night and trying a million other things in the garage, that's the conclusion i came up with too. Going back to standard incandescent. I removed alot of sin from the previous owner the other day and now im down to the factory signal connections. But still nothing. He had some crazy contraption hooked into the plate light connections made out of lamp cord, butt splices and some random white wires with 1/4 watt resistors tapped inline. I think he tried too years ago and gave up.

But im just going to take a ride to cyclegear this afternoon and just pickup 2 sets of plain ole signals. I dont care about the LED's that much. I just want her streetable soon. I think this will work, now that im down to the OEM connections.

Thanks

Now to fix the stupid headlight and speedo.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts