Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 M696 with around 1,700 miles on it. I've began to notice that there is a pretty bad lag in throttle response since riding on it for awhile now. What I'm wondering, is it because that's how it was designed or is it just slack in the line or something??? Seems like I need to really have to "blip" the throttle to get it to rev up while down shifting.

Is this something I can fix with an aftermarket throttle cable/system, to tighten up the slack or like I said, is it designed to be this way?

I ride dirtbikes and so I'm used to the throttle response being right there when you need it.

Thanks for any feedback on this topic.

-SoupGFX

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sound's like slack in the cable my friend. When I just barely twist mine it respond's instantly. Especially when down shifting, very easy to over rev when down shifting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It might be the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). You may need to "reset" it. I'm not sure how, but your dealer can tell you.

As for downshifting...you should blip the throttle, but with the slipper clutch on the 696, you don't necessarily have to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm... I agree with the slack in the line. It's got a small "slacky" twist to it before it pulls tension. Well, I'm glad it's slack and not how the way it was made.

Thanks for the input!

-SoupGFX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts