Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often does one actually have to check that screen? On the M1200, is it the screw in kind, like a large bolt and slides out, or do you have to remove the plate and then reseal it with a gasket or RTV? I only have 3,500 miles on it but was gonna change the oil today after my track day, so was just curious...

·
Registered
195 Posts
How often does one actually have to check that screen? On the M1200, is it the screw in kind, like a large bolt and slides out, or do you have to remove the plate and then reseal it with a gasket or RTV? I only have 3,500 miles on it but was gonna change the oil today after my track day, so was just curious...
The manual says every other oil change I believe.

If you get an aftermarket plate with an o-ring (which I suggest) it makes it very easy to check and not a mess to put back on with a gasket maker (there's a thread on which types to use somewhere around here...).

I have one from TPO that works well, they make a magnetic drain plug (with o ring) that is pretty nice as well which gets rid of the whole crush washer deal as well.

EDIT: https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/...oil-drain-plate-cover-for-late-model-ducati-s

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you don’t want to do the aftermarket plate, when I just did my first oil change the dealer gave me a crush gasket for the plate. That’s what was on the bike when I pulled off the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you don’t want to do the aftermarket plate, when I just did my first oil change the dealer gave me a crush gasket for the plate. That’s what was on the bike when I pulled off the plate.

Whoops. I’m in the Monster forum.

I have a Multistrada but I think the plates are similar?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

To be honest, the aftermarket one with the o-ring is only $20, so I will probably grab that, and the magnetic drain plug that is drilled for safety wiring....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts