Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the part numbers are for the respective ECU's used with Termi Systems.

I think the standard ECU is = 286.4.170.2A

Carbon Termi Slipons = 286.4.170.1A - Not 100% sure.

Titanium Homologated Slipons = ?

Stainless Race Slipons = ?

Full Carbon System = ?

Hopefully someone can help with the missing numbers.:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just installed my Termi slip ons tonight and the Stock ECU and the Termi ECU had the exact same part number.

When I examined the ECU's in more detail, the Termi ECU's has a sticker that says "Racing" and the Stock ECU says "USA" on it...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can say the Titanium Termis come with the same Part numbered ECU as the OEM but have a paper sticker on it that says Racing. and when you power up you get Racing displayed on the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed my Termi slip ons tonight and the Stock ECU and the Termi ECU had the exact same part number.

When I examined the ECU's in more detail, the Termi ECU's has a sticker that says "Racing" and the Stock ECU says "USA" on it...
Hi,

Does the new ecu need any remapping/trimming etc or is it only plug and play?? I have planned to buy the termi slip on kit with ecu, filter and pipes. Possible to do in my own garage :) I've read in another forum that you can do it by yourself..

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi,

Still few questions about the installation, sorry :p. Any special things in the ecu mounting? Maybe unhook your battery etc. I read somewhere that siemens ecu resets itself when turning the key 3 times when the new ecu is mounted?
How about the immobilizer? How does the new ecu recongnize the immobilizer? If someone has done this to m1100 would be grateful to hear! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seriously, this is very straight forward. The hardest thing is getting the tank out of the way, rather than remove the tank I wedged it up out of the way with a block of timber. You can disconnect the battery if you want, can't remember if it says it's mandatory in the instructions, and I'm sure it did not mention switching the key three times. I just followed the instructions that came with the system. My Bike is the M1100S. I'm sure if it was difficult they would not have provided instructions, (...Dealer fit only). My dealer told me to do it myself to save money, the down side is you halve your warranty by fitting it yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seriously, this is very straight forward. The hardest thing is getting the tank out of the way, rather than remove the tank I wedged it up out of the way with a block of timber. You can disconnect the battery if you want, can't remember if it says it's mandatory in the instructions, and I'm sure it did not mention switching the key three times. I just followed the instructions that came with the system. My Bike is the M1100S. I'm sure if it was difficult they would not have provided instructions, (...Dealer fit only). My dealer told me to do it myself to save money, the down side is you halve your warranty by fitting it yourself.
Thanks, did not know it will come with instructions. Yes I know, the biggest job is to remove the gas tank.

·
Registered
622 Posts
OK, Can anyone tell me which ECU this is? It came with what was supposed to be a full Termi system, but I bought it online and just curious if anyone can identify it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts