Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a monster 1100S not really happy how the seat is made, keep sliding forward against the tank

I was hoping some of you here have had experience with different types DP,Sargent etc.

I'm about 6'1 with fairly long legs so standard height or tall seat is what it will be replaced with. Mainly ridden on the hills so touring isn't really high on the priority list but would still have to be comfortable for 2-3 hrs at time

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have the performance seat which is in a kind of suede. Its extremely comfortable. The version I have seems to lower the seat height which is fine for me. I didn't ask for the low version so I have no idea if that's what I have. Only problem is it soaks up water like a sponge but there is no sliding into the tank at all.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've been really happy with the DP comfort seat on my M1100 EVO. It will give you an extra inch of legroom because the padding is a little thicker so you'll have to get used to the slightly higher riding position and center of gravity but once you do I think you'll be happy with it. I know I am. I'm 5'11" and can still flat foot the bike so you'll have no trouble.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response guys, I will have to go into the dealer next year and see if he's got a DP comfort seat to try.

Anyone have any comments about Sargent seats?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Thanks for the response guys, I will have to go into the dealer next year and see if he's got a DP comfort seat to try.

I haven't heard anything negative about them. Friend of mine has one on his Multistrada and he seems to like it. I've never ridden a bike with a Sargent seat.

I looked into Sargent and Corbin before I bought the DP comfort seat but the comfort seat had positive reviews and it was actually less expensive by far than the other two options.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I've been pleased with the DP comfort seat but as said in an earlier post, it does put you up a bit higher (which I really like, I'm 6'0) but it does seem to change the overall riding position/center of gravity a bit and I don't know if I'm used to it yet. I feel more on top of the bike than in it and I'm hoping I'll get used to it but right now it feels a little odd in the high speed handling area.... That said it is comfortable and gives a little more leg room.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts

DP seats are nice --but the quality of material, craftsmanship and long term durabilty of the Sargents are a few steps above the DP.
-M

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a monster 1100S not really happy how the seat is made, keep sliding forward against the tank

I was hoping some of you here have had experience with different types DP,Sargent etc.

I'm about 6'1 with fairly long legs so standard height or tall seat is what it will be replaced with. Mainly ridden on the hills so touring isn't really high on the priority list but would still have to be comfortable for 2-3 hrs at time

I put a leather Corbin on my 2012 Evo and i

·
Registered
269 Posts

I put a leather Corbin on my 2012 Evo. it looks good but is much heavier than stock. Have not had a chance to ride it yet due to the weather. I have been real happy with Corbins over the years on all of my bikes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Keep your eye on Ebay - i have seen a few DP seats show up a reduced price.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Keep your eye on Ebay - i have seen a few DP seats show up a reduced price.
yes many people sell them again. Mind you that DP has 2 seats, the higher one (as I am using) and the lower one.

The higher one is really much higher than the original one. It is also fairly hard. Not everybody likes that. I suggest that everybody tries one first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts