Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a leo vince slip on and am going to the shop install it. They recommended I reflash the ECU as well. LV says the slip on will work fine with the stock ecu. Thoughts?

Also, if I am going to reflash the ECU should I wait until I complete the other mods I have in plan for the future including the LV cat delete, and DP intake? I don't really understand the whole ECU, Power Commander, etc business that you mechanically inclined folks speak of. Some explanation would be much appreciated.

Its a 2008 Hyper Non-S with 4300 miles and completely stock.

-Cheers

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Bottom line is, if you just add slipons and dont change the volume of air getting in the engine (DP airbox lid or velocity stacks), you dont really need to change anything with your ECU.

If you plan to install more, such as a full exhaust line with a good air intake system, you will have to get your ECU reflashed to a DP profile.

If then you want the best out of your engine, you can add Power Commander.

·
Registered
33 Posts
usually they run the bike through a gas analyzer to check fuel/air mixture, so you wait until all those exhaust type mods are finished so they run it through once.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like it will be best to do all the performance mods at the same time. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'm running the LV slip ons & midpipe/decat, as well as bigger airfilter & no AB lid, was prepared to do the reflash my self , but found no need, bike runs fine uncorked, no popping or leanspots or surging etc, low speed is a little rough but i''m guessing a quick TB sync will cure that & maybe richen at idle a little.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Bottom line is, if you just add slipons and dont change the volume of air getting in the engine (DP airbox lid or velocity stacks), you dont really need to change anything with your ECU.

If you plan to install more, such as a full exhaust line with a good air intake system, you will have to get your ECU reflashed to a DP profile.

If then you want the best out of your engine, you can add Power Commander.
You could add a PCV now and tweak it as you go along modding, using there maps they provide on there site .That's what I did and it worked out very well, make sure you get the power commander with the 02 optimizer though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts