Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first say thanks to Guy (GEE BEE) for getting me a great deal and fast delivery of my LV slip ons and Cat Eliminator.

I first installed the slip-ons back May and wanted to install just them first without the mid pipe just so I could measure via seat of my pants the difference each add on makes. The pipes came with ZERO instructions but still managed to fit better than most aftermarket parts I've put on in history!
The power difference was not very noticeable but the sound difference was noteworthy.

Yesterday I installed the Cat Eliminator. Again Zero instructions but very simple to install!! I must note, I had to use a cut off tool to take off a the pipe clamp that came with my slip ons but other than that, it was off in minutes. After I installed it, I noticed a slight leak coming from the new setup on the bottom of the bike. Still havent' figured this out yet.

Ride now seems a little more peppier and tiny bit louder. I still have some adjusting to do with my FAT DUC 02 sensor but the bike feels good. I've installed many pipes on different bikes over time. This definitely being the more costly of the pipes. I dont really know if I gained much power from the whole setup, but it sure does feel a bit more fun now.

Overall I am extremely pleased with LV fit and finish of the their product. I was hoping to gain more power than I did but not bad considering the budget I was on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine didnt come alive with the same set up until I opened up the air box and upgraded the ECU..... much more lively... and that sound !

·
Registered
245 Posts
Joe1L, I just got finished with the install of my LV slip on's and the LV cat. Maybe the reason it is not making as much power as you thought it would is that you are only using a Fatduck for more fuel. I think it is time you get either one of the DP ECU's or a PCIII.

I can say one thing for sure, the LV set up is louder than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe1L, I just got finished with the install of my LV slip on's and the LV cat. Maybe the reason it is not making as much power as you thought it would is that you are only using a Fatduck for more fuel. I think it is time you get either one of the DP ECU's or a PCIII.

I can say one thing for sure, the LV set up is louder than I thought it would be.
My Next addition will definitely be an ECU. But not sure which one to get just yet with my setup. I really dont think the bike is running lean or rich though, so I can't imagine how much of a difference it will make.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My Next addition will definitely be an ECU. But not sure which one to get just yet with my setup. I really dont think the bike is running lean or rich though, so I can't imagine how much of a difference it will make.
will one of you please post images? the LV site is lacking there. Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Joe,

I have the #187B DP ECU (for the Termi 2-1) with the LV system and its a very good match. Mapping is very good. The cam kit ECU may be too rich. The Fatduc does nothing for the base map, just fools the ECU into running richer in closed loop. Keep looking here and on ebay and grab one when available, or investigate the reflash option from Desmo Works.

We should try and do a ride before the season is out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts