Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically I carry a lot of stuff with me when I leave the house for work...

Gym Clothes, Shoes, Food and my 17" Macbook pro.. And if I have to wear a monkey suit, I bring that along.

I am considering doing the whole tail-bag group buy + book bag, but I am curious if anyone else has found a luggage rack system that does a decent job.

So far I have only found Ventura, but I don't see many reviews from Ducati riders (fitment, etc).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Also, sometimes my wife and I go for day rides, so having the flexibility of still carrying stuff, and having her ride..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks -- yeah I dug through the 10 or so threads mentioning Ventura.. Some of them are old.. I was hoping for some updated comments or new people that have bought them.

Since you have one, have you ridden with a passenger, and the passenger lean against it? Did it break the system?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I haven't used it with a passenger but the pack rack isn't designed to be used as a backrest. I usually have the Ventura bag on the passenger seat pad and my camping gear on the rack so all of the space is used anyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't used it with a passenger but the pack rack isn't designed to be used as a backrest. I usually have the Ventura bag on the passenger seat pad and my camping gear on the rack so all of the space is used anyway.
Ok.

How much pressure can you put on the back-rail?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok.

How much pressure can you put on the back-rail?
I have absolutely no idea how much load you could put on before failure. I am pretty sure that the rack bolts into part of the sub frame in the seat unit so would be quite strong. Problems may arise if put under excessive load such as bending of the mounting bolts or twisting of the mounting brackets. I think Ventura say the load shouldn't exceed 15kg but I am confident that more could be handled.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Hit the builder up... We will see, Ventura mentioned they will give me 10% off a new system... However that is still ~450 for a rack system, my wife might bump into and break.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts