Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Ducati rear top case system for my 2017 1200S, which I believe is made by Givi. Does anyone know if they have a luggage rack accessory I can add to it? The case is great but the extra space would be great for two up touring. If not, then I might need another case for long trips with my wife and I’d rather not buy another case and have two.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

CJB

·
Registered
384 Posts
I currently have the Ducati rear top case system for my 2017 1200S, which I believe is made by Givi. Does anyone know if they have a luggage rack accessory I can add to it? The case is great but the extra space would be great for two up touring. If not, then I might need another case for long trips with my wife and I’d rather not buy another case and have two.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

CJB
I just attached one to mine (see linked thread above). One thing you have to take into consideration is that you won't be able to lash down a lot of weight to it, as the lid on the OEM top case is thin (flimsy). For something like a tent and chair? I think perfect. Something light or bulky? No problem. I wanted to go with a metal Givi rack, but none would fit the OEM box so I had to go with the S150 from Givi instead.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a SW-Motech rack I can give you cheap that is a few inches wider on both sides and has tie down loops (sandwiches between topbox rack and bike. It would allow you to strap items on both sides and rear of topbox.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loaded up and ready to hit the road for Cota!

That’s exactly what I needed to see! All I’m stripping down to it is my wife’s and mine rain gear in a dry bag, nothing more. I’m going to order Rox straps to make sure it’s secure.

Thank you to those who responded, I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts