Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks:

I am looking for luggage for my 2002 Foggy Monster. I would like to buy Ventura racks, but not sure they would fit with the higher pipes (Termi). The rear crosspiece seems to hit the pipe bracket.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Maybe a new thread on "How to Turn Your Foggy Into a Touring Machine."

gus

·
Registered
42 Posts
has anybody found a set of these in this side of the PUDDLE???/
found some in Italy but shipping is $75.00 and parts are $48.00
just heard bad stories and shipping and lost items form Italy

so anyone with some to they would part with or new -
b4 i start to make my own

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Most of my bikes, I don't bother with the luggage mounts and all that. I have a 14"x28" plastic rectangle. Essentially think of a 1/2" thick sheet of plastic, similar to what they make cutting boards out of.

I cut 4 2" slits in it, that I thread some super duty 2" wide by 24" long velcro straps through. I cinch that down to the passenger seat and then lock the seat in place, and being that the monster has a banana seat, with me sitting on it, it ain't going anywhere. That plastic platform is secure, and has holes drilled around the edge. I put my large duffel bag on it and secure it with one of those hook cargo nets.

I have used that plastic platform to also mount up a large soft Givi bag.

Either way, it's secure and you can remove it from the bike just by popping off the two velco straps. I think each strap is meant to hold up to 50lbs.

So there is nothing on the bike, I just strap it to the seat and it all goes on in less than 2 min, and when I get to my destination, I can pop it off in seconds, toss it in the cabin or hotel room and go ride without all that crap on the bike. The platform supports the bag so that it isn't sagging and coming into contact and rubbing on any painted surfaces, or getting near the exhaust, etc...

$25 invested and works like a champ.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Now THAT is a great idea. Useful for most any bike.

I did end up purchasing a medium size soft tail bag (with top netting) that attaches under the seat and to the frame, somewhat like your idea. Along with my tank bag, I'm good for a weekend.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have venture on my S4 but i dont have the high exhaust. I am on holiday two weeks more but i can take some photos when i am home if you want. I dont see why it should not work but will check when home.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
From a short trip last summer. On the speed triple, the red bike, I actually bolted my little platform to the subframe in the tail and carried my rear cowl in the bag. When I got to where I was going, I had a ratchet and 10mm socket and spend 60 seconds removing the 4 bolts, lifting the whole thing off and slapping on the cowl and throwing everything else in the cabin. The Speed frame already had the holes drilled, probably what they used to anchor the chassis to suspend it when it went through the assembly line at the plant.

For my wife's Street RS, I used the velcro straps to the passenger seat method. Strap the plastic board to the seat, and then bungee your bag to that. Takes less than a minute to install and remove, no mods to the bike.

The Monster 1200 will be even more solid, because with one long seat, you are strapping that board and bag to the same seat you are sitting on, so there is no chance of it going anywhere when riding...

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have venture on my S4 but i dont have the high exhaust. I am on holiday two weeks more but i can take some photos when i am home if you want. I dont see why it should not work but will check when home.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks Vij, but according to Ventura the regular S4 frame will not work for the S4 Foggy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FYI - I just bought these and installed them - now looking for some panniers to suit
weird that the pipe side has a full bracket to keep from contacting the exhaust
the left side only has a lower brace - thinking i might add to the left side so that the soft bags don;t bash about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts