Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input,

I bought a new 2006 620 Multi a year ago and am now ready to get some luggage/top case and some side bags. A few questions I would appreciate some guidance from those of you who have experience:

1) I have decided to do a hard, lockable top case - either a GIVI V46, Ducati's own top case, or a Coocase S48. Anyone have any experience with the Coocase? Does it have a quality look and feel? By the time you end up buying all the hardware, pads, luggage racks for any of them they all end up around $500-600, so price is not the determining factor. Functionality, quality, and the aesthetics of it are the priorities.
2) I am thinking of soft bags for the sides. I am considering the Cortech bags mentioned here on the forum, but am wondering if they are too loosely attached and can flop around with no bracket/frame to which they attach? The Ducati soft bags have a metal frame to which they attach, but they are a lot more expensive. Are they worth it?
3) I saw here on this forum this luggage rack by Bang Fabrications. I like that it has a backrest for a pillion, and wonder if it could be used as a base for either the GIVI or Coocase top cases?

thanks a bunch,

karmicgumbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 620 Dark and got the V46 Givi with rack. Works great. The rack also looks really good on it in my opinion. It was not easy getting the rack on, so I recommend getting the brake light kit now before you mount the rack. I have to remove the rack now to install the brake light kit...

It looks really good on it as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brake light kit?

Is that a kit that lights up the Givi Top box or are you referring to just a new brake light on your 620? Also what was the difficult part in installing the rack?

thanks,

karmicgumbo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brake light kit?

Is that a kit that lights up the Givi Top box or are you referring to just a new brake light on your 620? Also what was the difficult part in installing the rack?

thanks,

karmicgumbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its a kit specifically made for the Givi topcase that Twisted Throttle also sells. I bought it after I installed the case and now have to remove the rack.

not sure if this happened to others, but while installing the rack I found some areas pretty difficult to get to and screw in. I almost stripped some of the screws in doing so. But Twisted Throttle was kind enough to throw in some extra screws when i ordered the brake light kit recently.

when you finally install it, assuming you go with it, let me know if you found any troubles. might have just been me...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hard side bags, Famsa tank bag and 30L H&B topcase. I did a 2500 mile trip from MO to NC and had enough space. Esthetically I felt that was the best combo. Good luck to you and safe riding to all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not sure if this happened to others, but while installing the rack I found some areas pretty difficult to get to and screw in. I almost stripped some of the screws in doing so....
I too found it difficult to get the front bolts started. It is just awkward and requires paitience. I have a couple of hemostats in my tool box and have used them many times over the years to hold a nut or bolt in place in hard to reach places.

Craig

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
just mounted the Tour Master Cortech Tri-Bag system over the weekend for our short trip up the coast. i still yet to ride with them but would give them a gold star for their design and utility given their relatively low cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Side bags:

I've had both. Had the hard bags,now have the DP soft bags. I'll never go back b/c the hard bags stick out where the soft fit under and in. I didn't like catching my leg on them while pushing it in the garage. If you don't need the room, they fold up as well. I also ride on some logging roads where sticks and things strike the bags and it's nice to have them flexible...
Top case: I have no opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts