Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of you american boys might like this story in this weeks UK MCN;

Marco Lucchinelli (Ducati legend - helped to develop the 851/888 (I also have one of these), - winner of 1987 Daytona on the first 851 - for the young'uns) riding his own ST3 on the recent Dainese Italian Legendary Tour, in which he was a "guest" tour guide along with Ago and Biaggi

Just goes to show what an excellent bike the ST is (not sure about the dog tank bag however).

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Nice Post jr60. Incidentally, I was born and raised in Portadown, Co. Armagh, elderly parents now live in Bangor. Was back in Aug but missed the Ulster GP :(

I would have hoped that Lucchinelli had better taste in dogs than that 'glorified rat'. I saw him ride at the British GP in 1979, when Sheene and Roberts had that fantastic dice.

I recently read the book 'Ring of Fire'. Some interesting comments made about Lucchinelli's post-GP activities!

Agree that the ST3 is a great bike - I'm loving mine!

cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cheers Dave

Its a small world - originally from Bangor and parents still live there, currently living out towards Newcastle but moving back to Bangor soon. You missed a good days racing at the Ulster this year, for once the weather was good! Fogarty was there doing a parade lap and I got him to sign my other bike – a rep of his ’93 NW200 888:

I see that you have made some upgrades to the suspension on the ST so you might be able to help me out as I am planning to do the same this winter. Will be putting up a post soon.

Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
suspension upgrade

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, I was most frustrated at missing the Ulster. Foggy looks evenmore crazy than ever in that photo!

Will PM you re upgrades, however won't probably be able to do that until later this weekend.

That 888 in your avatar looks a lovely bike.

cheers again,

Dave

·
Registered
110 Posts
Great post, JR60. Belfast, Bangor and Newcastle are all town names in Maine, USA. If you ever get across the pond, I'll take you there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts