Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only option to purchase the LT Snyder maintenance guide 4'th edtition seems to be via DHL. At USD 90 , thats a little extorionate when the book is only $40...

Also, does the 4'th edition cover the Sports Classic from 2007 onwards? The duc.nu seems to stop at 2006.

PS . Merry X'mas . It's been a strange year....

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The US Postal Service used to have a great package rate to ship around the world but when the virus came out they stopped it. Lately I'm not sure it wasn't for some other reasons, lot of funny business going on there. Might wait for a while, keep checking the ems website. You could email them about the exact model year coverage, he has answered my emails before and still posts occasionally on this forum.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
It's the shipping, DHL is the cheapest service since the virus to there and their price now is sky high. Used to be the USPS had a special world wide deal, for 2lbs book rate it would have only been about $16

·
comrade moderator
26,992 Posts
Ah, ok thanks.

I once helped a drummer in Australia get some cases for his Roland electronic kit he simply couldn't get there. He ordered them and had them shipped to me, and I shipped them to him. The cases were $500 and shipping was $800.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Nutz, isn't it? I ordered two pair of eyeglasses from China two years ago - shipping $5

Shipping to OZ from Hong Kong is like $10 for a book - and not much more from the UK but the US rates skyrocketed in January this year.

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thks, have emailed LT and will post response. For the last 10 years I have spent our summer skiing CO and could have grabbed it then. Will probably get a friend to grab a copy(ies) and try and get a group buy from OZ.
Sendle might be cheaper !

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thks, have emailed LT and will post response. For the last 10 years I have spent our summer skiing CO and could have grabbed it then. Will probably get a friend to grab a copy(ies) and try and get a group buy from OZ.
Sendle might be cheaper !
wait, you live in Sydney and spend your "summers" skiing in Colorado and you're moaning about a few bucks extra for postage?
I guess that's how you can ski in colorado every summer.... lol

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup. A "few bucks" is fine. When its 2+ times the cost of the item , I get a little stroppy. But I guess you don't want a copy mate.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
yeah but it's the times we live in at the moment, it's all supply and demand.

There's next to no international flights so the space and weight that there is allocated to freight is in high demand.

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah but it's the times we live in at the moment, it's all supply and demand.

There's next to no international flights so the space and weight that there is allocated to freight is in high demand.
I know all about supply and demand. $11.50 per hour plus tips for a ski instructor.in the land of the free !

Anyway, will have it sent to a friend and then he can USPS at $50 , and I will try and get a group buy from others in OZ. so that they can get the benefit of the cheaper shipping .

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you need just a few pages let me know, I’ll take some pics and send them to you.
Thanks mate. Have the Red Baron book , but it isn't specific on Sport Classic so will wait to fiddle when I get Mr Snyders book.
Been a long time between drinks , so getting back on the horse and getting the correct tools is the first step.
Luckily my bevel is easier for basic stuff to work on . But I must admit , looking forward to an electric start.

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flat Rate Box to Australia

Price charts and complete information for Australia
Priority Mail International® Large Flat Rate Box

Priority Mail International® Large Flat Rate Box
USPS-Produced Box: 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"
Maximum weight 20 pounds.
Select a Delivery OptionExpected Delivery DayRetailClick-N-Ship®
Normal Delivery Time6 - 10 business days to many major markets1,2$109.15$109.15

SO 5 books to Sydney about USD70 each including the $40 purchase price . (Allow for reshipping from friends place. Let me know .

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
There used to be a lower book rate - but it looks like that isn't true anymore.
here is the form that has to go with the books

Individual Pieces — Refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the applicable price:

Individual article (PS Form 3817).

Firm mailing books (PS Form 3665), per article listed (minimum 3).

Duplicate copy of PS Form 3817 or PS Form 3665 (per page).

·
Premium Member
1976 900SS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha an email from LT saying that he will only DHL as he has lost stuff this year thru USPS with no recompense . So looking at quantity shipping discounts via DHL thru his site (without hassling him) .
Appears to come down to USA $70 per manual if we buy 6 shipped to Sydney
SO if you can PM again with details of which one (manual 1or 2) or both and we can see . So far 2 others for a total of 4 manuals.
(This manual better be bloody worth it....)

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
You want a different Snyder manual than what I have, but mine is awesome. Really knows his stuff and presents it in an informal and easy to understand way - so despite the lack of a common language with those down under you will at least find the drawings and pictures useful.

The irony is that USPS started shifting their overseas packages to DHL without any of the protections that DHL offers when shipping direct with them.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I sent a watch to Sydney, 3inch by 6inch box, and the cheapest postage was $50USD!
Good luck!
I have that manual and it's a bit all over the place but nice to have. It really, really could use a revamp with a technical writer IMO.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts