Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '93 900 Superlight that I have been maintaining for the past 15 years. Between the curiously-translated shop manual & the Haynes book, regular maintenance has actually been pleasurable.

Having heard a lot about the LT Snyder book on this forum, I am curious if this book will add to the pool of maintenance-related information.

Thank you.

Kit

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes it will. It covers the 2V engines back to the '92 907's models. It also includes the 3V engines from the ST series. It's well worth the $43 delivered to your door cost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jack. Although at this point I don't feel that I am lacking in knowledge to maintain my '93 Superlight, I am not so smug to believe that there is nothing else I can learn.

·
Registered
536 Posts
...there might be a few tidbits in there that are new to you, but if you've been doing your own maintenance this long , I doubt theres anything of use to you....on the contrary , with 15 yrs experience, you could probably teach LT a thing or two !!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I have both Haynes and Snyder, and while there are a few things Snyder may explain a bit better than Haynes, I found the Haynes manual more than adequate (and it covers a lot more stuff). I agree with dancinkozmo. You probably don't really need Snyder.
Joe

·
Registered
662 Posts
You don't really need it but it sounds like you're in this for the long haul....I'd get LT's book. Some of it is more opinion than fact but it's a pretty good reference source to have around. My view with the bevels has been to get everything that's ever been written about them. It has paid off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...there might be a few tidbits in there that are new to you, but if you've been doing your own maintenance this long , I doubt theres anything of use to you....on the contrary , with 15 yrs experience, you could probably teach LT a thing or two !!
Trust me....you are being way too kind. Nevertheless, thank you.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
+1, but it's still worth having.

·
Registered
322 Posts
if you are going to rebuild a motor you need haynes or the shop manual. for everything else i go snyder. he actually talks about potential problems and fixes.it more in the style of "the idiots guide to vw repair." remember that one?

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I have a '93 900 Superlight that I have been maintaining for the past 15 years. Between the curiously-translated shop manual & the Haynes book, regular maintenance has actually been pleasurable.

Having heard a lot about the LT Snyder book on this forum, I am curious if this book will add to the pool of maintenance-related information.

Thank you.

Kit
I have it and it's very good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts