Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the DT Lowering Kit designed for the ST.

The left side was easy to adjust given the shift lever has an adjustment rod. But the brake lever doesn't have such an adjuster rod. It has a spring bringing it back to the highest position. I'd like to lower it a little. Any suggestions? Will I have to replace it?

I'd love to install a set of Cycle Cat rear sets as they are very adjustable on the brake lever side. But no one with an extra set will part with one!! Shameful!!

LMK if there's a fix in store. Thanks much.

Steve

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Try a few different searches in here. This was a known problem. You may need to buy an aftermkt lever, or have a welder do a "cut + paste" with yours.

Stick

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should've specified I was referring to the brake foot pedal. I see there are CNC items on Ebay w/adjustable toe pieces. Not too expensive. Hopefully, one will allow for the needed downward turn for the pedal.

s

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
No doubt. I saw you mentioned the lowering plates. So I knew you meant rear brake lever.

One of the issues w/ the lever is the switch. It becomes a catch-22 game that you play with adj. the lever to suit your needs, and then you can't make the brake switch work without some Yankee ingenuity...

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
...the brake lever doesn't have such an adjuster rod. It has a spring bringing it back to the highest position. I'd like to lower it a little. Any suggestions? Will I have to replace it?...

...LMK if there's a fix in store. Thanks much.

Steve
When I got my peg lowering brackets from DT, they came with a longer and slightly modified pedal stop bolt. Once installed, it caused the pedal return spring to coil bind, so I made a little dealy bobber to rectify that. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
When I got my peg lowering brackets from DT, they came with a longer and slightly modified pedal stop bolt. Once installed, it caused the pedal return spring to coil bind, so I made a little dealy bobber to rectify that. :)
Michael where's the dealy bobber? Confused as to what you did.
Seems like I tried everything and couldn't get mine low enough.
Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Try Woodcraft Racing. They make a brake pedal with an eccentric foot peg that can be raised or lowered. I'm using one on my ST3, and it solved the height problem I had with stock pegs. But, I'm not sure if it will be low enough for the DT lowering kit. There's a lot of variables at work with this problem.

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
Michael where's the dealy bobber? Confused as to what you did.
Seems like I tried everything and couldn't get mine low enough.
Thanks!
It is just a link between the end of the pedal return spring and the pin it normally hooks behind. It compensates for the distance the pedal is rotated down. Without it, the spring binds before it can be hooked behind the pin.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts