Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2005 999s and just couldn't shake the bug to get the 999R, so I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2006 999R, was going to trade the S but the price wasn't right. My wife rides and really likes the S, only problem is the seat height, she is pretty short are there any options for lowering the bike such as lowering links?

thanks for the info!

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Congrats on the new 999r. And especially your the choice for a wife!

How's the 999r feel different than the 999s. I have a 999r and wondered for street riding how much of a difference there really is...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brianmdavis said:
Congrats on the new 999r. And especially your the choice for a wife!

How's the 999r feel different than the 999s. I have a 999r and wondered for street riding how much of a difference there really is...

Thanks! I feel pretty lucky, sometimes I think she likes to ride more than I do, The R feels pretty different, the lighter weight is noticeable and the bike feels like it turns quicker, mine also already has an aftermarket sprocket and chain so combined with the extra power it feels quite a bit faster, although I haven't gotten a chance to really open it up. Still in the break-in period, rest of the bike is pretty much the same. I was a little worried since the bike already had the sprocket, but that is one the things I really like the stock gearing is way too tall in my opinion. Oh one other thing, the S is way louder with the Termi exhaust!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
When I bought the 03 999S, the previous owner lowered the the front and rear about one inch front and back. The rear is adjusted on the ride hieght rod. The front is easily lowered by just sliding the fork up onthe triple clamp.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moto said:
When I bought the 03 999S, the previous owner lowered the the front and rear about one inch front and back. The rear is adjusted on the ride hieght rod. The front is easily lowered by just sliding the fork up onthe triple clamp.

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
You might need to get a custom rear rideheight adjuster made (or buy one..) and also you have the option of going to a 120/60 front wheel aswell, lowers alittle and also turn in is better.

Higher clip-ons usually help since shorter persons don´t have to lay on the tank asmuch. and ofcourse raising the rearsets and adjusting the seat forward helps.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Lucky you. A wife that likes bikes and wants to ride a 999S :)

Do what moto and amullo said and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts