Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 848 and being 6'4" I'm looking for a little more leg room. My question is; do any of the aftermarket adjustable rearsets (Woodcraft, DP, etc) allow for a lower peg position? And if so, how much lower than stock?

There are a few other options I'm been looking at. MFW makes a kit (MFW Vario Footpeg Mount (Ducati SR4, 1000S Monster, 748, 750SSie, 900SSie, 996, 998, 848, 1098S, Hypermotard 1100) - MFW.051.03.03.00 : TwistedThrottle.com) that will lower it 30mm. And you can also modify Buell XB pegs to give it some more drop. Just wondering if the rearsets provide more/less drop.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a picture of the Buell pegs on my old CBR600RR. And I'm not really concerned about clearance as this bike will only be ridden on the street. My ultimate goal is to do another SaddleSore 1000 (ride 1000 miles in 24 hours or less) on my 848.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I did this with my 999's BCM rear sets. The BCM rear sets gave me a bit more leg room as is, I had the stock BCM peg tweeked to give me another inch or so more.
Another aspect you might want to consider is the seat. A friend of mine who blings out a few of the Philly Eagles bikes does so by making the seat taller.
I have a DP Comfort seat on my 999 which is 15mm taller than stock and wouldn't look out of place if it was 30mm.

Here are mine:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/124010-new-ducati-peg-extenders.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts