Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My power seems to cut out at the higher rpm's while in second and third gear.
Any ideas on symptoms?

I'm going to change the spark plugs, run some carb cleaner through it and drain the fuel as its a little old (3 months old), but i topped it off with a gallon of some 91 and it still did the same thing.
runs smooth and has great power at the lower rmp... I think it might be starving for fuel or spark...not sure yet.

Any immediate things to check for this newb?

runs smooth and has great power at the lower rmp... I think it might be starving for fuel or spark.
93 900 ss, keihin 41mm dual carb kit, airbox completely open/cut up, 2-1exhaust, stm breather, fresh oil/belt change - 12k miles.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
No more power is available above 7,000 rpms with the stock long intake manifolds. Shift at 7,000. Sounds like you may be lean on top. Do a throttle chop/plug reading from 7 or 8,000 rpms and see if it's lean. Even jetted correctly, it takes a long time to get from 7,000 to 9,000 rpms.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thanks guys i'll study up on throttle chopping and change the fuel filter.

Why wouldn't ducati put the redline at 7k if power ends there? My cluster's redline is at 9k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts