Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the lower fairing on their StreetFighter and left the oil cooler exposed? Wondering how it looks. Love the bike but I hate that lower fairing.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Has anyone removed the lower fairing on their StreetFighter and left the oil cooler exposed? Wondering how it looks. Love the bike but I hate that lower fairing.

I expect these small side fairings will become available in carbon fibre, that's another option so the fairings wont' be as noticecable .

Chris

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
as bull dog stated,, there is an ugly oil water heat exchanger there and more tubes. It doesn't really improve the look IMO

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
IMHO the black bike would probably look sharp with the CF lower fairing. I'm hesitant of losing the red down there. I like the line it gives, if I did feel the temptation of a CF lower, probably partially painted red with exposed CF. This could be a nice method of adding "street fighter s" text or "f1098" in revealed CF...hmmm

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I think with the side fairing looks too much like a KTM Superduke, without them, it looks like balls, a well designed belly pan would make the bottom look much better!

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
or somebody could invent red carbon fiber.. :)

IMHO the black bike would probably look sharp with the CF lower fairing. I'm hesitant of losing the red down there. I like the line it gives, if I did feel the temptation of a CF lower, probably partially painted red with exposed CF. This could be a nice method of adding "street fighter s" text or "f1098" in revealed CF...hmmm

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
HJC FS-15 helmets come in colored carbon fiber.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I agree in that an all black cf fairing panels would make it look too much like a see of darkness with no contrasting. I quite like the the white lower panels on my bike.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts