Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Does your SF have the low RPM fueling issue?

• My bike HAS the low RPM fueling issue (stock)

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • My bike HAS the low RPM fueling issue (mods; slip-ons; full exhaust….)

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • My bike DOES NOT have the low RPM fueling issue (stock)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • My bike DOES NOT have the low RPM fueling issue (mods; slip-ons; full exhaust….)

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With more and more Streetfighters being put out there I wanted to get a better idea about the ratio of bikes affected by the low RPM fueling.

By mods i mean, if the owner put ANY additional sum of money in to the bike in order to improve the performance of that bike, it should be considered a modification from the original stock; gearing, TPS reset, and dyno tune included.

Let's see what we get.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Mine is bone stock and had the reflash at the dealer from the day I picked it up. It has issues below 4,000rpm. It either wants to stall or take off like a rocket.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Runs a little smoother after the re-map, but it wasn't bad before. The bike still likes to be over 4,000, but I do believe that is an engine characteristic.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
The remap and 14t countershaft sprocket helped my SF a bit, but it is still agonizing to ride in stop and go traffic and is not at all happy at speed limits 35 mph & below...

·
Registered
118 Posts
What % of the responses are due to perception or past experiences, I wonder? I feel like my S is excellent and always have--the dealer did the reflash before I picked it up (thanks to this site, I may add).

But, I can tell that the bike definitely is geared so tall in 1st and 2d that you have to slip the clutch a bit more to keep it from jerking.

Old story, I guess. Just blathering.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine has stock gearing/exhaust, does not have the reflash and while it does have a low rpm fueling issue, I would catagorize it as mild compared to some of the other bikes described here. There is definetely a rough spot in the 3000-3500rpm range, but no real surging.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not really sure how to vote in this poll. My Streetfighter S has the Termi slip-ons and a 14t front sprocket and it runs really smoothly for the most part. But there is a bit of a lean surge at around 3500 rpm - not terribly objectionable - but detectable.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really sure how to vote in this poll. My Streetfighter S has the Termi slip-ons and a 14t front sprocket and it runs really smoothly for the most part. But there is a bit of a lean surge at around 3500 rpm - not terribly objectionable - but detectable.
Line two for you, Larry

·
Registered
465 Posts
My Streetfighter S has the issue between 2k-3k in 1st and 2nd gear and anywhere under 20 MPH.
Mine was terrible when I got it. Had the reflash and 14t done at the same time so I'm not sure how much each affected it but its pretty darn good now. Under 20mph, around 2-3k, slight stumbling still. Totally livable but I want better.

I voted "Yes" (Stock.) You didn't include the 14t or gear change as an option.

·
Bon Vivant
10,918 Posts
Look, I understand that the gearing changes the RPM value at which the fueling issues present and therefore may change
one's perception of the issue - but it does not cure the problem and has no bearing on weather your bike has a fueling problem or not.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine was terrible when I got it. Had the reflash and 14t done at the same time so I'm not sure how much each affected it but its pretty darn good now. Under 20mph, around 2-3k, slight stumbling still. Totally livable but I want better.

Hey, I looked for you yesterday, but I guess you didn't bring your bike in? I'll probably be floating around there again today around 5:30 or so if you still want to try it out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey, I looked for you yesterday, but I guess you didn't bring your bike in? I'll probably be floating around there again today around 5:30 or so if you still want to try it out.
Yeah I didn't have a ride home to drop the bike, I'll try to make it today......thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What conclusions can we draw from this young poll, still governed by the law of small numbers?

If I combine the number of bikes from lines 1,2 and 4 (I imagine people voted option 4 did their mods to remedy the fueling issue ,originally present in the stock bike), it tells me the chance of picking up a SF that runs the way it suppose, or expected to is less than 20%. (4/25=0.16).

Less than one out of five……..
:(

·
Registered
262 Posts
(I imagine people voted option 4 did their mods to remedy the fueling issue ,originally present in the stock bike)
Unfortunately I didn't get to ride mine before the pipes were put on...but I always put on termi systems on my ducs to loose weight and more importantly let the engine breath and sound better!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Is anyone getting condensation on their rear throttle body? The front is hot and dry and the rear is cold and wet. Could our problem be caused by a temp. sensor?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts