Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 M620ie... just recently, the low fuel indicator light decided to stay on even after filling the tank. Any ideas what would cause this and how to fix it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I believe the level sensor that triggers the light has a little floater bit on it that may be prone to getting stuck in various cases....you can take and unlatch the tank and shake it up and down a couple of times and see if this remedies the problem....if not...you may need a new level sensor unit.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok... I wasn't sure where the sensor was located. I'll give it a try... Thanks Zooom!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Since it's an 04, wouldn't it be wise to have it looked at under warranty?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stick said:
Since it's an 04, wouldn't it be wise to have it looked at under warranty?
Good point Stick. I was hoping for a quick fix since my dealer is about 75 miles away. But since shaking the tank didnt work... It looks like the only option.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Well, not the ONLY option, but one that you should consider since it's on their dollar.

If you feel really brave, and are skilled with tools, you could drain the tank, gain entry, and extract the level sender, and see if there's an obvious problem. Entry on my ST2 tank is from underneath...a large round plate that extracts the FI pump/filter. Not the easiest thing to get into, since you have to remove one or 2 hoses inside, just before dropping the guts out. Plus the connector that goes over to the sender.

If it were me, I'd probably opt for the dealer. Call ahead to make appt. Make sure they commit to same-day fix. (Might be a PITA if they don't have a replacement unit in stock if it needs one...) Maybe ask for a loaner ??? Call in sick and go for a nice ride!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I shoulda mentioned that putting back in is a very touchy deal, since the o'ring that seals the large plate in SUCKS, and is a bear to get to behave when going back in.

Took me a couple of tries. I consider myself lucky that I didn't damage the o'ring on the 1st "misfit". Gas will come pouring out if it ain't in there correctly (very obvious!).

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
If your still wanting to try it, the 3 screws you remove get placed into the 3 extra holes, and are used as "jacking screws" to lift the plate off its home position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts