Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode north by Big Sur and back, taking in the Old Coast Road to test out Enduro Mode and then Nacimiento road to bypass the tourists around San Simeon and Cambria heading south. In any case a Tamrac bottle holder is what I am now using to carry water. It's cheap at $14.95 but a large piece of velcro and 2 snaps make it a solid connection to the grab rail and it sits nicely tucked in and is firmly held against the pannier so never shifted. Bottle is held down with a zip tie loop and a velcro strap in the bottle top. I may buy a second. This works better for me than fussing with a camelback if cruising. Tamrac MX5398 Padded Water Bottle Carrier (Black) MX539801 B&H!

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the same bottle but I use my Camelback for my rides. I like the fact that I can drink whenever I want without stopping. Freeze the pack the night before and it will provide ice cold temperature even in 100 plus degrees. Your setup may produce hot water if you ride during hot Temps being exposed in the sun like that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it hard to get a tube under the chin curtain of my new Arai unfortunately. I had planned to use the camelback but in use I only get a good drink when helmet is off anyway. I will probably stow a refillable litre bottle in my seat bag. As well, when I stop for coffee or to eat easy to fill up with cold water at each stop. I have 3 camelbacks I use for racing but after a few days of continual use, the hose starts to grow stuff. More hassle to clean and dry so a simpler option.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha... Yes above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts