Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife said that I wasn't terribly noticeable while following me a few weeks ago...I picked up a Custom LED tail lamp and an MD fender eliminator kit.

Both great quality and simple instructions. I decided to mount the place a little further back for a different look. Using self tapping screws (what I had on hand) I put the license plate where I wanted and routed the wires via two new drilled holes.

Please with the result.

The Custom LED lamp is incredibly bright.

Hope you enjoy. It seems there are so many here that take the time to post projects to inspire the rest of us, it seems only fair that I do what I can to contribute.

Have a great weekend!
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
My wife said that I wasn't terribly noticeable while following me a few weeks ago...I picked up a Custom LED tail lamp and an MD fender eliminator kit.

Both great quality and simple instructions. I decided to mount the place a little further back for a different look. Using self tapping screws (what I had on hand) I put the license plate where I wanted and routed the wires via two new drilled holes.

Please with the result.

Hope you enjoy. It seems there are so many here that take the time to post projects to inspire the rest of us, it seems only fair that I do what I can to contribute.

Have a great weekend!
Brian
Looks good
I also added some red reflective tape on the back of the top box. Looks nice and really stands out.

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,374 Posts
I love mine. The Blaster X combined with Rizi LED turn signals pack a powerful punch in the attention grabbing department. HiViz tape on the top case for good measure :)

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
I love mine. The Blaster X combined with Rizi LED turn signals pack a powerful punch in the attention grabbing department. HiViz tape on the top case for good measure :)

I had installed an extra $20 led brake light at the top of the license plate frame. I now have 2 center brake lights! I also added red reflective tap on my top box.

IMG_0453.JPG

Reactions: Glen

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had installed an extra $20 led brake light at the top of the license plate frame. I now have 2 center brake lights! I also added red reflective tap on my top box.

View attachment 901322
Where did you get the license plate kit?

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts

Amazon, got spoiled by the one click and easy returns. There are a few varieties: ones that integrate with the license plate frame and standalone ones. Most have LEDs. I got the latter, since I have the California 11/99 Foundation license plate frame and a Euro mcycle plate under my US one (sentimental reasons). The extra light may, or may not save me from a texting soccer mom...
I did have someone local splice into the wiring in the rear, since they were also installing the fog lights.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Looks great , I just ordered one. After 3 years the stock blinker rubber is worn out and cracked causing them to sag. The integrated blinker light is a perfect solution.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Looks great , I just ordered one. After 3 years the stock blinker rubber is worn out and cracked causing them to sag. The integrated blinker light is a perfect solution.
Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
259 Posts

Can you share the link, can't find it!

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts

These are the two out there:
https://www.amazon.com/Areyourshop-...9&keywords=license+plate+led+light+motorcycle

The other one is without the license plate frame, but has 2 wholes in the housing matching the US mcycle license plate bolts (i mounted mine at the top of the license plate). I got it at cycle gear, now that I think about it. The only one I could find on their web page has the blinkers integrated, as well, which I did not like.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone found a fender eliminator for the 2015 Multistrada ?

The Custom LED tail light with integrated blinkers came in and whale I'm at it I'd like to lose the stock blinker, license light & plate mount that hangs down below the tail light. I plan to fab a custom license plate holder tucked in over the tire (where it’s almost impossible to read). I only found them for up to 2014 models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts