Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just picked up a 2010 Ducati Multistrada base model with ABS and bags. This is absolutely the best bike I have ever ridden. I come from a long list of bikes and this is the one that I long to ride no matter what. The others could sit in the shed without too much worry, but this Duck is always on my mind.

I will be upgrading it very quickly with bolt-ons like center stand, heated grips, Motech engine guard, Tourtech kickstand pad, and a Motech header guard.

The biggest question that I have is which windsheild to buy:confused: I like the Cee Bailey that is on my BMW R1150RT, but will I like one for the Multistrada?? I have searched for two days with this question, but no answers pop right up. The bike came with the MRA with the spoiler thingy, but I don't know that I really like it. I plan to do a lot of 2-up riding with my wife and she noticed excessive buffeting right away, I noticed the wind noise right away. I know this is no BMW, but I am sure that someone has created a windscreen for just such a complaint. Anyone want to help me with this one?

·
7,733 Posts
Hi all, I just picked up a 2010 Ducati Multistrada base model with ABS and bags. This is absolutely the best bike I have ever ridden. I come from a long list of bikes and this is the one that I long to ride no matter what. The others could sit in the shed without too much worry, but this Duck is always on my mind.

I will be upgrading it very quickly with bolt-ons like center stand, heated grips, Motech engine guard, Tourtech kickstand pad, and a Motech header guard.

The biggest question that I have is which windsheild to buy:confused: I like the Cee Bailey that is on my BMW R1150RT, but will I like one for the Multistrada?? I have searched for two days with this question, but no answers pop right up. The bike came with the MRA with the spoiler thingy, but I don't know that I really like it. I plan to do a lot of 2-up riding with my wife and she noticed excessive buffeting right away, I noticed the wind noise right away. I know this is no BMW, but I am sure that someone has created a windscreen for just such a complaint. Anyone want to help me with this one?
As with any bike that's been poorly aerodynamically designed, you may never find the right one/solution as each seems to solve one problem in exchange for another and all reports are so subjective as to be of little help, ie less noise = more buffeting; less buffeting = more noise; the one that works best looks like "the cone of silence." etc. Get the one that lowers buffeting best as that's the issue that makes for good touring, and wear good ear plugs, and try not to think how goofy the bike looks when it's parked and think in "form follows function" terms if you end up with a "tower of lexan" on your bike, as you can always exchange them easliy enough, ie have a touring screen and a daily rider screen. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Look into the Hiss Flaps, they basically eliminated my buffeting.

As far as screens, ask 10 people you'll get 10 answers.

I'm using a carbon Pikes Peak sport screen when i ride solo, w/the flaps, and 2 up i use the DP touring screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts