Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share a couple of pictures my newest scoot. It just arrived yesterday. The first one is of the guy takin it off the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
That is so sweet it gave me a cavity. Congrats.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Fab bike, and in amazing condition. :cool: I used to lust after these and you've brought the feeling flooding back. Thanks for sharing.

Tho I suppose it is just an ancient forerunner of my S4Rs.

Assuming you are going to ride it, would love to see your report.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Dang. Love it. Enjoy.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
I just wanted to share a couple of pictures my newest scoot. It just arrived yesterday. The first one is of the guy takin it off the truck.
Ummm, you do know how to pronounce Laverda correctly I hope? (most do NOT).

Tom

P.S. Clue: accent is on the FIRST syllable, contrary to what non-Italians believe.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Awesome bike, mint condition is that bike circa early 70's, 72/73?
My father used to have something similar but it was in red it does bring me back so good memories.
Beautiful ride, congratulations great find.

·
Registered
126 Posts
One of my favs enjoy it.:cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
beautiful bike ! man, what memories those pixes bring forth ! that cyl arrangement & shape always reminded me of my 305 super hawk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
beautiful bike ! man, what memories those pixes bring forth ! that cyl arrangement & shape always reminded me of my 305 super hawk.
I was told by a Laverda owner at a recent European m'cycle show I attended that the Laverda engine was modeled after the Honda 305 engine to capitalize on the Honda's reputation for reliability. FWIW.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Insert drool-smiley here ..... Beautiful, congrats. Brings back memories of the "kid" (I guess he was in his mid 20's, I was in my mid 10's) who lived around the corner and had one of these. In orange, of course. If I close my eyes, I can still hear that bike.

Enjoy!

RonB

·
Registered
26 Posts
Beautiful bike.

Reminds me of the day back in Scotland in 1982 when I went to the dealer in Hamilton to buy a Laverda Montjuic. Unfortunately there was a brand new Yamaha LC350 sitting in the entrance to the shop. Being young and stupid I wanted the newest and fastest thing so I bought the Yamaha. What a mistake ! If only I knew then what I know now. :(

·
Official Retired Person
7,425 Posts
Curse you! Found and bought such a great bike and then you post pictures of it here? Curse you!

Oh would I love to have one!

·
Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I am having a blast with this thing so far. I've already put close to 200 miles on it (two days) and I must say for it's vintage (1975) it handles beautifully. Not tons of power. At least not when compared to modern bikes but I think it adds to it's charm. And ohhh that exhaust note! It's music I tell you.:)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
+1 to all of the above, what a sweet ride you found. Classic good looks re: the black, silver and polished alloy. You might even convince some people here that there are valid colors other than red....hope you enjoy every second of it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts