Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these real, or a photoshop?

I love this... a slight smoke would look even better....

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
This topic came up several years ago and I believe someone stated that only a single-digit number of fairings were made for the Ducati and they were awefully expensive, but......that's a memory from the aftermath of many, many, many beers.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's an easy photoshop job if it's not real,but I can't tell 'coz it's well done.
Those fairings are for yellowducking haha..all his parts are bling.

Hey man, here's yellowducking
He doesn't have those fairings..

·
Registered
516 Posts
im not sure if they are real or not but the idea with the clear fairings was to paint the inside and the color shows through. protecting the paint

·
Registered
278 Posts
They are real, one dealer was selling them for about 2k. I forget the dealers name, but is was a promo to show off the bike.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
When the 999 was first introduced, Ducati had a 999 on display with clear fairings so everyone could see what was underneath. That could be what is pictured.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The picture I grabbed is from when they were testing the new 999, so yes I think it is that promo bike.

So was it a one off only thing? I think they are cool as all hell.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'd say that they're real. Honda sold a few NSR250's in the early 90's which had clear fairings. So the tech's there. I'm not sure what type of plastic is used.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I was literally drooling over my keyboard when I was looking at your ebay ad...... Of the page views of your auction probably half of them were me ha ha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts