Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ride just about every day in the rainy northwest, and while i promised GTrossi i would post pics of it installed, its just never clean enough for me to not be ashamed!:eek:

so we had a sunny couple days and i decided to wash and take a coupla pics:

first off: super easy install, professional look. big plus for me is that it isnt carbon fiber and actually looks like it belongs on this bike. it weathers the Seattle crap brilliantly. so 3 thumbs up on this product!

that said, i need to sharpie the double stick (its green) because it is a lot more visible than i thought after looking at these pics.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Excellent pics. Love mine too. :D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks real sharp and definitely goes well with the exhaust and other black parts of the bike. I'm curious about those belt covers - they sure look cool. Any issues with your belts and stuff being exposed like that?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the photos! - i'll eventually do the same - what do you think of the DP tail chop?
I love the DP solution... i looked at many different solutions and even started working on my own, but ultimately the DP solution was simple, elegant, easy and really nice looking maintaining the retro feel of the bike, so i went that way. the only thing it doesnt allow for (though its not really necessary) is routing for electrics for plate illumination. (the big red brake light illuminates enough as it turns out:D)

Looks real sharp and definitely goes well with the exhaust and other black parts of the bike. I'm curious about those belt covers - they sure look cool. Any issues with your belts and stuff being exposed like that?
thanks, im happy with it. as far as the belts go... no problems at all. the belts are well enough away from pants etc. and common sense says not to be mucking around there while the engine is running. so if you like to clean your engine with it running then i wouldn't recommend this:D. also, neat little trick marty at Seattle Ducati told me about: paint a couple white dashes on the sides of your belts. when the engine is running that part of your bike comes alive! cheap white fingernail polish, about the cheapest bling mod available!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love the DP solution... i looked at many different solutions and even started working on my own, but ultimately the DP solution was simple, elegant, easy and really nice looking maintaining the retro feel of the bike, so i went that way. the only thing it doesnt allow for (though its not really necessary) is routing for electrics for plate illumination. (the big red brake light illuminates enough as it turns out:D)

thanks, im happy with it. as far as the belts go... no problems at all. the belts are well enough away from pants etc. and common sense says not to be mucking around there while the engine is running. so if you like to clean your engine with it running then i wouldn't recommend this:D. also, neat little trick marty at Seattle Ducati told me about: paint a couple white dashes on the sides of your belts. when the engine is running that part of your bike comes alive! cheap white fingernail polish, about the cheapest bling mod available!

Does the license plate for the DP tail chop cover most of the spray on wet rides? I want my bike to look better, but I dont want to be covered in spray, dirt and grime.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey Bobby- bike looks good! 'Course, I might be partial to red...:)

Geoff's hugger is on my GT also. It's great, keeps the back of the engine and swingarm much nicer.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the license plate for the DP tail chop cover most of the spray on wet rides? I want my bike to look better, but I dont want to be covered in spray, dirt and grime.

theres a price to pay for fashion:cool: but the plate does knock a fair amount of it down, but i do get some up on my cowl and back. not a horrible mud stripe but some.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Bobby- bike looks good! 'Course, I might be partial to red...:)

Geoff's hugger is on my GT also. It's great, keeps the back of the engine and swingarm much nicer.

heh yeah red is a great color... seems like i cant walk away from Seattle Ducati without something red:rolleyes:

the engine and swingarm are a hell of a lot nicer now for sure... and after this winter, i think i have put it through the test!

·
Registered
37 Posts
OOh how much I like your rear shocks....:D:D

.......you have a genuine Italian scooter too?? me too!! I have an old Vespa PX 125 light-blue...a beautiful 24 years-old girl, my FIRST bike!!...:):)

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
hey bobby, glad to see you hosed down your steed after a mucky winter and that the hugger is working out for ya, oh - and thanks for the plug!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts