Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped fuel tanks on my 2007 S4RS today. Does anyone know if you are supposed to replace the "cheesy" plastic quick connect clips? First off, they were difficult to tell if they were connected and secondly, I feel like a slight tug would separate them and burn my bike to the ground...You can actually see fuel mist leaking if you tweak the fittings even slightly. I cannot believe they would use such a cheesy connection on a $14k bike...wow
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Check the orings for nics. Personally I would not ride it, start it if when you flex the fitting it leaks, especially misting, read explosion!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
should just be an O-ring causing your leak, happens all the time. Its really easy to damage one of those o-rings. I haven't seen a ton of the fittings themselves leaking or breaking (seen ones broken but usually its because someone broke them, not because they were defective).

ALWAYS apply a bit of grease to those o-rings before you try to connect the fuel line.

and btw MSC is pure evil.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O ring

You guys were right...torn O-rings on both connectors.
Put a little vaseline on 'em and it slipped right in!

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I swapped fuel tanks on my 2007 S4RS today.

Scott
can i ask you, swapped from what?

i just noticed a big paint flake disaster going on near the latch, so thinking of options. even just painting is going to be very expensive.

a thought was to go carbon. but carbon is over $2g and i don't think it would look as good (not sure)

another thought, wondering if the new ducati tanks would fit? i kind of like them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts