Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 3/4 arrow system now... i'm looking for the loudest sound possible, just my style... the arrow is ok... but i want this thing making noise at idle also....

can i get away w/ just new cans? or do i need the full system?
and can i take out packing or something? or does that mess up the compression?

thanx guys

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I have Arrows on my 916, Forzas on my ST4 and D and D's on the monster. The D and D's are by far the loudest of all three types of pipes. A bit loud for me, as I like the mellow sound of the Arrows. But standing next to the end of the straight at Thunderhill raceway, and watching my oldest on the monster going by at 130 mph was really a thrill. The bike sounded like a Nascar going by. Definitely the best sounding bike in my opinion of all the track bikes that day.

Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
I recommend Arrow.. there is no better sound, and you can ask anyone who's ridden with me, there's really nothing out there that is louder.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so keep my arrows? and monsters usually are louder in general aren't they? or is my hearing off? lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
ducati955 said:
so keep my arrows? and monsters usually are louder in general aren't they? or is my hearing off? lol
Yes keep your Arrow's, or at least don't get a D&D....at least not on a Ducati.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
+1 for arrows.

I have them on my 748 and It´s louder then my brothers 996 waith Termis

But if you want REAL loud.. just gut your system completly.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will gutting it ruin the compression? or is it not related?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Take your Arrow cans apart and replace the perforated tube with plain tube, you won't need to bother with any packing in the can - they'll still look normal but will be LOUD, if you've ever started your bike with no cans on it, you'll know what I mean... ;)

My old Ducati 250 Scrambler had no internals in the short can and it was louder than my 916 with 50mm Termis, looked good when it flamed on the overun too. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dam, they sound sick on that website, thats what i want..... if anyone has any sound clips of a gutted arrow system, please post it... i just don't want it to sound like crap... loud music yes, crappy sound no.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had Two Brothers slip-ons and they were load. Sounded alittle like a NASCAR. I run a Forza system now. They are loud at moderate to full throttle. Otherwise they have a nice deep sound.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts