Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a louder horn on the Monster 1100? If so, does it fit under the oil cooler shroud easily? Also, are there any models that are a direct replacement and doesn't require cutting wires?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The biggest problem is the size of aftermarket horns. The FIAMM Freeway Blaster is way too big to fit into the small space behind the oil cooler. I think the Hella Supertone and Stebel models will be too big also.

I tried to install a FIAMM "D" horn, and it was a little too big; it was touching the heat sink attached to the plastic shroud.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The biggest problem is the size of aftermarket horns. The FIAMM Freeway Blaster is way too big to fit into the small space behind the oil cooler. I think the Hella Supertone and Stebel models will be too big also.

I tried to install a FIAMM "D" horn, and it was a little too big; it was touching the heat sink attached to the plastic shroud.
u can try mounting it under the seat facing forward i suppose.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Stebels are known for failing pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, without a compressor, there really aren't any horns for motorcycles which are significantly louder. But then again, every bit can help.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Horn upgrade

Bought a horn a few years ago at pep boys for my monster s2r 1K. I think it was a low tone FIAMM "freeway blaster". They have a high and a low tone model.

The bracket was long enough to modify/bend and make it fit where the stock one was. Wired were compatable, no cutting required.

The new horn was much louder than the stock one. I liked it so much, I bought one for my 848 also.

I would think you could do the same with the 1100 -- (its naked so space is less of a problem).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an FIAMM Freeway Blaster (low tone) on another bike; it's loud and works well. But, it is way too big to fit in the small space behind the 1100's oil cooler.

I even tried to install a FIAMM "D" horn, and it was a little too big; it was touching the heat sink attached to the plastic shroud (on the right side of the bike). For a naked bike, there's not very much room to play with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Monster Horns

Yes, the stock horns have no volume and nobody listens to that squeek anyway! The gentleman who went to Pep Boys and did the twin electric horns is the same thing that I did. I mouned mine up in the front fairing on the S2R-1000 on the headlight bracket. They tucked up there really nice and I aimed them down and slightly forward....and they work GREAT! Now when some geriatric turns in front of me they JUMP out of the way! They think some truck is about to eat them! The red color of the horn matches pretty close to the stock paint sceme and the piece of mind I now have is great. If you would like a pic...send me a message off line at [email protected] I'll take pics so you can see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts