Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a lot of advice here but i was wondering if there are some actual Ducati shop techs here on the forum,for ??'s

·
Registered
424 Posts
Anyone who's owned a Duc for long enough ends up doing their own fair share of tech work, whether they want to or not, but that's part of the fun of it I think. That's why so many people here offer advice, because someones already been there, done that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anyone who's owned a Duc for long enough ends up doing their own fair share of tech work, whether they want to or not, but that's part of the fun of it I think. That's why so many people here offer advice, because someones already been there, done that.
Yup... get yourself a service manual online, a few good tools and YOUTUBE just about any fix.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone who's owned a Duc for long enough ends up doing their own fair share of tech work, whether they want to or not, but that's part of the fun of it I think.
Hey Red,

I completely agree with you. Wrenching is half the fun and makes the machine more YOURS in the end. What I found amazing, at least on my OLD ST2, that Ducs are about as simple of a machine as possible in relation to their performance. The deeper I get into mine, the more I appreciate the engineering and enjoy the straight forward mechanical path Ducati has taken. I am sure today's machines are far more complicated than my old ST. Hence, I'll be keeping the ST for a long time.

Be Well,
Pete

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Red,

I completely agree with you. Wrenching is half the fun and makes the machine more YOURS in the end. What I found amazing, at least on my OLD ST2, that Ducs are about as simple of a machine as possible in relation to their performance. The deeper I get into mine, the more I appreciate the engineering and enjoy the straight forward mechanical path Ducati has taken. I am sure today's machines are far more complicated than my old ST. Hence, I'll be keeping the ST for a long time.

Be Well,
Pete
Mechanics is not a problem its the electronics end,thats where id like more info or theability to diagnose or modify.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mechanics is not a problem its the electronics end,thats where id like more info or theability to diagnose or modify.
I'm with you there. I appreciate electronics as bikes, cars, etc.. have become a lot better both operationally and in reliability over mechanically operated electronics. BUT, you need some serious cash to add all the required electronic gadgets into the shop..... Hence, we don't, can't (me) or won't do so and need to rely on pro shops. End of story.

This is also why forms like this are so important. I rebuilt/converted my Duc and there is NO WAY I could have done it without the massed intellectual property (formal way of saying - wisdom) held here. Once again, a HUGE thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge.

Ride Fast
Pete

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Theres a lot of advice here but i was wondering if there are some actual Ducati shop techs here on the forum,for ??'s
With some of the things I've seen and been told by some "Ducati shop techs", you are probably better off in many cases with some of the forum's indy/shadetree/homeschooled mechanics. ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
With some of the things I've seen and been told by some "Ducati shop techs", you are probably better off in many cases with some of the forum's indy/shadetree/homeschooled mechanics. ;)
+1. this forum is amazing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
got twelve years at Ducati dealer and thirty at Yamaha.And a couple building track bikes and some days im clue less.Keep it simple.

·
Registered
388 Posts
do as most of us... post your question in the correct forum, someone will help out. and get yourself a workshop manual, i look at mine at least 2-3 times a week.

·
Official Retired Person
7,385 Posts
do as most of us... post your question in the correct forum, someone will help out. and get yourself a workshop manual, i look at mine at least 2-3 times a week.
. . . what he said!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Well, I figure at least half if what I say on here is actually correct, so if you ask me two questions, you'll get at least one right answer!

Umm, ya

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
+1 to what was said above, esp about the simplicity of the earlier EFI Ducs.

The Duc SM and the desmotimes 2v manual will give you most of the information you need on the electrical bits.

Also, keep an eye here:
ducatidiag :: Diagnostic and maintenance software for Italian bikes

It shouldn't be too long before there is a free ducatidiag for the Siemens and Mitsubishi ECUs.

Have a good one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts