Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fri. May 4 somebody turned in front of me. My bike took on the front passenger bumper and fender. My body took on the hood and windshield. Spent 6 hr in the ER getting scans and tests I am now at home nothing broken but Im so sore i cant move. I hope i get enough from the insurance that i can replace the bike with the exact same model.

Sent from my SM-J327R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
First off, I'm glad you are doing fine and "only" got bruised up.

Secondly, if it's not your fault, don't say or sign anything before you talk to a lawyer!

Keep in mind that you can have some lasting injuries that are not yet visible to you or Doctors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are your leathers and boots?
2 miles from the house. I hopped on the bike to pick up something from the store real quick. The thought to wear anything besides just a helment was overlooked. Hindsight is 20/20. The only thing good that came out of not wearing gear was the fact that they didnt have to cut my boots off.

Sent from my SM-J327R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Super happy to hear you're basically fine, but dude..

That sneaker on the hood of the car is practically screaming "All those injuries would be next to nothing if you'd put some protection on!".

Again, I'm really glad you're okay. I reckon you won't do it again.

Speedy recovery!

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Glad you’re okay. Don’t talk to ANYONE, no matter who they claim they are, even your insurance company. Get a lawyer. You’ll thank me later. This happened to you just as I was thinking about how it was too fucking hot to wear gear. Around here I routinely see shorts and no helmet. Not me. I may not wear atgatt, but the lid , gloves, boots , and Kevlar jeans will stay no matter how hot.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad you’re okay. Don’t talk to ANYONE, no matter who they claim they are, even your insurance company. Get a lawyer. You’ll thank me later. This happened to you just as I was thinking about how it was too fucking hot to wear gear. Around here I routinely see shorts and no helmet. Not me. I may not wear atgatt, but the lid , gloves, boots , and Kevlar jeans will stay no matter how hot.
I'm hearing this a lot.. Even for little accidents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts