Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was putting on my new to me LV slip on and cat eliminator and after about 2 hours of sweet, back pain and grime from head to toe the pipe is on the bike. I started to put things back together when I put the palm of my hand down where seat should be. I then lift up and hear the dreaded sound of metal on metal as a bolt falls towards the floor. I knew right away which bolt it was, the stupid LITTLE bolt that holds the rear wing/plastic piece on. :mad::mad::mad: Now I can't find it. Anyone know the correct size or who has one in stock? I swear that thing is stuck somewhere in or on the bike but I can't see it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ok, I was putting on my new to me LV slip on and cat eliminator and after about 2 hours of sweet, back pain and grime from head to toe the pipe is on the bike. I started to put things back together when I put the palm of my hand down where seat should be. I then lift up and hear the dreaded sound of metal on metal as a bolt falls towards the floor. I knew right away which bolt it was, the stupid LITTLE bolt that holds the rear wing/plastic piece on. :mad::mad::mad: Now I can't find it. Anyone know the correct size or who has one in stock? I swear that thing is stuck somewhere in or on the bike but I can't see it.
I'd guess 4mm w/ 1. pitch. could be 5 or 3

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The local cycle shop said it is a 4x10 metric bolt. So I will have to see if Lowe's has metric in stock. Oh and what the heck does 4x10 mean? Either way I now have 2 on order from the shop, which will take a while to get in.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
The local cycle shop said it is a 4x10 metric bolt. So I will have to see if Lowe's has metric in stock. Oh and what the heck does 4x10 mean? Either way I now have 2 on order from the shop, which will take a while to get in.
4 is the mm 10 is the threaded length

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Lowe's, Home Depot or an Ace Hardware store should have it. Just look for M4X10(0.7), diameter, length, thread pitch.

·
Registered
215 Posts
4 is the mm 10 is the thread
The 4 is the diameter of the bolt and 10 which in this case is probably a mistake because this number is the distance between the threads. In this case if it is a 4mm screw, it would probably be a .70mm thread pitch. So if you imagine 10mm thread pitch it is impossible.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The 4 is the diameter of the bolt and 10 which in this case is probably a mistake because this number is the distance between the threads. In this case if it is a 4mm screw, it would probably be a .70mm thread pitch. So if you imagine 10mm thread pitch it is impossible.
I thought the 10 represents how many threads are in each centimeter, just like the us standard.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
You are right m4 bolts are a .7 thread pitch the 10 is threaded length I missed the last word, fixed it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I thought the 10 represents how many threads are in each centimeter, just like the us standard.
If you think about that you will see that it is impossible. 1 centimeter equals 10 mm right? The .70mm thread pitch means that if you measure between the peaks of the thread you will get .70mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts