Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what roads to take to get to Mammoth lakes from LA? this will be our first long trip on the multi. any help/tips would be greatly apprciated. I'd like to avoid major freeways as much as possible (ex: 5N, 395 etc).
thanks

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
HWY 2 out to the 14
Head north to Palmdale Rd, then over to Godde Hill Rd.
60th St? to Willow Springs and over to Tehachapi Willow Springs Rd(thru the windmill farms)
58 W to Caliente exit
Bodfish Caliente Rd (stay left at the fork) to Bodfish
178/155 to Kernville (Lake Isabella).
Go whitewater rafting. Stay the night.
Then take the Kernville River HWY to the Western Divide HWY.....Head towards Springville
Springville to Fresno
Fresno to the 41 to the 120 to the 395 Mammoth Lakes area.

OR cross over Walker Pass, get on the boring 14/395 and head north to Mammoth from there.

Would love to know what roads (if any) take you from the Western Divide HWY and more directly thru the Sequoia National Forest/Sierra National Forest into Bishop County.

Looking forward to the responses.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd make a two day trip out of it... Similar to above, but I'd stay on the edge of the Sierra's the whole way on the twisties...

Google Maps Link

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
I live in Australia but often visit the USA (2-3 times a year). Man, that route looks awsome! Ive driven around that area a few times, but thats on my itiarary for my next trip on a rental bike!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts