Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wifey and I are going to take a long weekend ride up to Santa Barbara wine country on the Hyper. Maybe go to the vintage moto museum.

This is a pretty direct route: https://goo.gl/maps/ZxUHd2UJSnH2

I feel like there are good canyon roads to be had in the area. I am just not really familiar with the area.

Anyone have a favorite route or suggestion?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
That's about as good as it gets. 154 is a nice ride. Stop at Lake Cachuma for a nice view. If you have the time and want a very twisty little road, a side trip from 154 up East Camino Cielo and/or Painted Cave Rd. is fun.

The bike museum in Solvang is really nice -- he's got some very unusual things there, including a Britten and a replica Moto Guzzi 500cc V8.

For a good slightly longer wine trip, go up a little further to Paso Robles. The Central Coast is making some seriously good wines these days.

PhilB

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Probably going to keep it to the shorter distance for this one as the wife is an uninitiated pillion, but maybe on the next one. Thanks for the map!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made it safe and sound. It was a nice ride. More slab than I anticipated. But once you get through Santa Paula, it's pretty nice. Some decent twisties. Weather was great. Not too much smoke from the fires.

Tire needed some more inflating than I had anticipated. Luggage and wife were causing some premature wear. And we also decided to chance it going over the 154 pass without filling up in Santa Barbara, got a little too spirited and had to turn back. Made it with maybe a thimble of gas to spare.

Looking forward to the ride back already.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts