Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
He and Iannone should just trade places.

It'll be interesting if his ego is willing to take the paycut...

·
Registered
297 Posts
With some of the comments that JLo has made to the press lately it almost seems like he is trying to engineer his own departure from Ducati. He is gonna take a pay cut wherever he goes (or stays).

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
JLO back to Yamaha makes a lot of sense.

Or even to a satellite team, if there will be one next yr.

I think he's too set in his ways to ride something different.

The Duc has it's problems but lesser riders (Dovi, Yak w/o championships) are doing far better.

And I bet you Yamaha's thinking of swapping out Vinny. He's been way too up and down.

But with JLO's treatment of his crew and his employers, he may have screwed himself. Royally!

What would be awesome is if JLO can regain his bike and form from 2015 and compete with the front runners.

Watching him mope around, pissed off and cursing the bike is "not good for the sport" or ratings.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,371 Posts
It will go to Petrucci who deserves it.
This is intersting. Petrux has said he's done with Pramac and that was before Giorgio's current crap performance. Did he have some kind of inside information with an eye on the factory ride or was he casting his net with the wind?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Petrucci is all ready on a GP18 bike, and will be replaced by Bagnaia at Pramac next season. So Ducati should have a very good idea of what to expect from Petrucci, should they want him.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
As patriotic as I am about Our Jack, I think Petrucci is the better rider. If it’s Pedro’s last year, Zarco will be his replacement unless Yamaha can keep him in a satellite team. I would speculate that Honda would even ditch Cal to give Zarco the ride.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
JLO back to Yamaha makes a lot of sense.

Or even to a satellite team, if there will be one next yr.

I think he's too set in his ways to ride something different.

The Duc has it's problems but lesser riders (Dovi, Yak w/o championships) are doing far better.

And I bet you Yamaha's thinking of swapping out Vinny. He's been way too up and down.

But with JLO's treatment of his crew and his employers, he may have screwed himself. Royally!

What would be awesome is if JLO can regain his bike and form from 2015 and compete with the front runners.

Watching him mope around, pissed off and cursing the bike is "not good for the sport" or ratings.
He made his bed with Ducati and now has to sleep in it. Rossi did the same. Difference is Rossi didn’t burn his bridges. Suzuki seems to be the only option and he could live with the pay cut no problem.
What bugs me the most is that after his first three months at Ducati, he couldn’t come to grips with them. The bike and team have evolved so much since the Rossi days and the bike is a proven winner. I wouldn’t even begin to speculate what the problem is but it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not so sure Ducati will give that factory ride to Petrucci, Miller looked very good in testing and has already won praise from Claudio Domenicali. If Miller starts to open up a lead in the points over his teammate, can Ducati honestly give Petrucci the factory ride?

·
comrade moderator
27,345 Posts
Yes. Jack hasn't done a fraction of what Petrux has, whether race finishes or testing. And we're only two races into the season. I like Jack too but to think this points lead is going to sustain much longer is just crazy talk.

No Way In Hell Jlo will ever be back on a Yamaha.Yup, Suzuki bound.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,391 Posts
JoLo will go to Suzuki and Miller will get his ride.
Petrux is a hot rider on his day but never a championship contender.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If JLo leaves, Petrux will be Dovi's teammate, Miller to the Pramac GP18, Bagnia will get Miller's bike. That's my prediction. JLo claims he still wants to make the Ducati work (at least Crash.net says so). There is a lot that can happen. In 2014 Jlo was no where after the first 3 races, then they got to Europe and he cranked off 4 straight wins. I'm not saying that is gonna happen now, but as Wayne Rainey once said "Everything changes when the European ground war starts".

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,391 Posts
Petrux won't get that factory seat...he's a test rider, no more, no less.
Miller has the balls and the youth to win and unlike JoLo doesn't need the bike to be perfect and do all the work for him.
Miller has the same sort of commitment as MM as that pole lap and his win in Assen proved.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Give Jack a chance Chuck, he has only had two races on the GP17, Petrucci has had much more development time an is an also ran most races. Give Jack some time.

Craig

·
Registered
297 Posts
How many wins did you say Jlo cracked off???
Jerez, LeMans, Mugello, Catalunya to open up the 2015 european rounds, If I remember right he led every race lap except 1 for 4 weekends straight. If he could find that form again his problems would be solved.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts