Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,857 Posts
Wow :surprise:. I didn't realize his frustration caused such consternation among the Italians, I'll have to go back and watch that again. Where would he go if he quits? Would Yamaha want him back? No way they're gonna let Vinales go, and Rossi ain't leaving until Rossi chooses to leave, he's an ambassador for the whole sport.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sweet!!
In fact, why not just leave GP altogether.

It'll be better for it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Wow :surprise:. I didn't realize his frustration caused such consternation among the Italians, I'll have to go back and watch that again. Where would he go if he quits? Would Yamaha want him back? No way they're gonna let Vinales go, and Rossi ain't leaving until Rossi chooses to leave, he's an ambassador for the whole sport.
Jorge has plenty of money; he could afford to take a pay cut and a chance on a new bike. If he and Ducati part ways, I'm sure Suzuki, Aprilia, or KTM would be glad to use him.

PhilB

Reactions: flynbulldog

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My money would be on Suzuki. I don't know if Aprilia or KTM have pockets deep enough to beat Suzuki in a bidding contest.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My money would be on Suzuki. I don't know if Aprilia or KTM have pockets deep enough to beat Suzuki in a bidding contest.
KTM is trying to punch above its weight, and would likely lose a bidding war. Aprilia, however, is part of the much larger (and richer) Piaggio group, so they could make a serious bid if the parent company thinks it's important.

PhilB

·
Registered
463 Posts
My comment was in regards to the first initial post/gossip.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Its only 2 races into the season.... however he has at no point looked comfortable on the GP17 (even Rossi managed a podium by his 3rd race on a Ducati), and now there are 8 Ducatis on the grid, and he is the worst.... and throwing the bike down like that did not do him any favors.

Stoner is not coming back, the wild card option was there last year and he did not take it.

Ducati also has Pirro, who is probably the only rider that can step in right away should JLo be benched or let go.

·
Bon Vivant
11,300 Posts
First of all, I love this. Jlo is a little spoiled girl and we all knew that he would not be able to ride the much more demanding Desmo - it just doesn't fit his flowing style.

Secondly this is all just rumor and speculation and the Spanish moto press loves drama. While I don't think his termination is impossible I don't think its imminent just yet. But Throwing the GP17 to the ground was poor form.

And Stoner? you guys can just forget that - his wife is never gonna let him race again - she has his balls and he isnt getting them back. Pussy! He's a family man - Crutchlow is next...

I'd love to see Jlo move to Suzuki - not sure he could ride that bike either but he'd probably work with it better than the Duc. As for a replacement for Gigi's team? The only guy on the grid who I think could work magic with the Ducati is... MM, he could tame the beast like nobody else in GP right now, his riding style fits the Ducati. That's who Ducati needs to steal. Anybody else is just going to be filler.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
First of all, I love this. Jlo is a little spoiled girl and we all knew that he would not be able to ride the much more demanding Desmo - it just doesn't fit his flowing style.

Secondly this is all just rumor and speculation and the Spanish moto press loves drama. While I don't think his termination is impossible I don't think its imminent just yet. But Throwing the GP17 to the ground was poor form.

And Stoner? you guys can just forget that - his wife is never gonna let him race again - she has his balls and he isnt getting them back. Pussy! He's a family man - Crutchlow is next...

I'd love to see Jlo move to Suzuki - not sure he could ride that bike either but he'd probably work with it better than the Duc. As for a replacement for Gigi's team? The only guy on the grid who I think could work magic with the Ducati is... MM, he could tame the beast like nobody else in GP right now, his riding style fits the Ducati. That's who Ducati needs to steal. Anybody else is just going to be filler.
Totally agree and as much as don't like MM he would be great on the Duc. Casey coming back would be perfect but very unlikely. I was telling my son the same thing during testing that Jlo is not going to be able to ride the Duc like the Yamaha. Crutchlow tried the Duc and it didn't end well, maybe the new Duc would be a better fit but I don't see him leaving honda. There is some younger talent that would be great and cheaper! Jack Miller, Karel Abraham

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Hasta

Lorenzo cannot be fired soon enough. Although he apparently possess riding talent; it is not on par with his contemporaries which evidenced now more than ever. He has always been a poor sportsman and cheap attempt at copy of Valentino. His forced enthusiasm and childish cry sessions are an embarrassment to motorsport. I will not miss him one bit. There is plenty of talent available to Ducati, Lorenzo's firing will have him missed like a fist withdrawn from a pail of water. Don't let the door hit you in the arse Jorge...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts