Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
He's certainly not the most diplomatic rider on the grid LOL

Burning bridges doesn't seem to be a concern, neither does alienating teams that may well improve (equipment wise) in the coming years.....

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts
He's certainly not the most diplomatic rider on the grid LOL

I like that, probably has one or the other Oz parents.
I get sick of politically correct riders that talk in code.

Burning bridges doesn't seem to be a concern, neither does alienating teams that may well improve (equipment wise) in the coming years.....

Time is tight, the now is what's important when your his age.

·
Premium Member
8,678 Posts
On a Yamaha. :) 🏁
I wish he could have stayed with Ducati, his performance was getting better and better, no telling how that story would have ended. It was exciting while it lasted.

·
Mexican Ducatista
922 Posts
I wish he could have stayed with Ducati, his performance was getting better and better, no telling how that story would have ended. It was exciting while it lasted.
I agree!
Lorenzo had a very cool mind on the track. But he made bad career choices based on what other people said.

When he was doing great in Yamaha, he allowed Rossi to get on his head when he said "he didn’t have balls to go to Ducati". So he went to Ducati to prove he had "balls". First mistake!

After investing all his efforts to adapt to the Ducati, he decided to exit the team too early based on Claudio Domenicali's Comments. He was offended because Domenicali talked about him as a "great rider" and not a "great champion". Second Mistake!

IMHO, he could have done better than Dovi on the Ducati.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Yea, you guys are probably right. LorenTHo has that gliding, smooth style .. maybe that would have been well suited for the most modern of the MGP Ducatis. I'm just a casual fan of that series anyhow, not deeply engaged in all of the details of each rider or team. Actually I prefer the Moto3 subseries anyhow, very exciting to watch as a spectator. Short version = the MGP gossip doesn't really interest me so I don't follow along much. That said, you fellas probably have a more accurate view of LorenTHo's capabilities and strengths, as well as his weaknesses. I'm still hoping the best for him and his future endeavors though. He was such a mighty image on that Yamaha.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts